Thread: Sega 32X Strange Crash Problem

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega 32X Strange Crash Problem

Hello There people, I currently had a very frustating problem with my sega 32X. I had the system since 5 month and it was working without any problem. Now, when I try to play a sega genesis, a sega 32x or a sega 32X CD game, the game itself crash after about 5 minute showing a error or just freezing in the genesis game. I do not understand why it does this.

The kind of error the game show is something like the following

It happened on Doom: The game freeze at the upper left of the screen I can see a strange error thing that look like this

CPU Error
    0DCKD300
    00D00884
    The music still play thought.
    On virtual fighter , the character's skeletal model get glitched up. There is no sound or music and the game freeze afterward

Also, sometime before this thread. I wanted to take a screenshot of the CPU Error thing on Doom, something strange happened
    By putting Doom on the Sega 32X, I get a solid color with what I would call a glitchy music. I don't know how can I descript it , but it look like a very slow version of one of the Doom Tune, probaly the title screen. With all the other game tester (Virtual Fighter, Mortal Kombat GEN, Street Fighter II Champion GEN and the 2 sonics), I get solid color on the screen

I Need HELP!!

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    raymondlyd
    PSN
    soniccd

if you open up the sega 32 system theres two ribbion cables take them out and put them back should work fine after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchologteam View Post
    Hello There people, I currently had a very frustating problem with my sega 32X. I had the system since 5 month and it was working without any problem. Now, when I try to play a sega genesis, a sega 32x or a sega 32X CD game, the game itself crash after about 5 minute showing a error or just freezing in the genesis game. I do not understand why it does this.

The kind of error the game show is something like the following

It happened on Doom: The game freeze at the upper left of the screen I can see a strange error thing that look like this

CPU Error
    0DCKD300
    00D00884
    The music still play thought.
    On virtual fighter , the character's skeletal model get glitched up. There is no sound or music and the game freeze afterward

Also, sometime before this thread. I wanted to take a screenshot of the CPU Error thing on Doom, something strange happened
    By putting Doom on the Sega 32X, I get a solid color with what I would call a glitchy music. I don't know how can I descript it , but it look like a very slow version of one of the Doom Tune, probaly the title screen. With all the other game tester (Virtual Fighter, Mortal Kombat GEN, Street Fighter II Champion GEN and the 2 sonics), I get solid color on the screen

I Need HELP!!

Thanks

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im not very good at opening system. Also, I don't know what you are talking about.

EDIT: I have found a popular sega 32x repair guide that tell me how to do.

I have opened my 32X and I have done what you told the guide and you told me to do

Now I have put Doom and ill play 30 min of game to see if the game will crash (The longest time It took was 20 min)

The good news thought, is that the game worked in the first try (Even when It was working, game took much longer to work)
    Last edited by Glitchologteam; 09-08-2010 at 07:22 PM.