Thread: Super Mario Bros. and Portal collide in 'Mari0,' now available [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Super Mario Bros. and Portal collide in 'Mari0,' now available [Joystiq]

Everyone can pack up and go home, because the pinnacle of all human achievement has been reached. Mari0, that Super Mario Bros./Portal mashup we caught wind of last August, has been completed and is now available for free on PC, OSX and Linux.

Developed by Stabyourself, Mari0 is a complete recreation of the original Super Mario Bros., with one vital difference: This time, Mario is packing an Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device. The game features simultaneous four-player co-op, a level editor, 33 hats for Mario to wear, free DLC, a Minecraft-esque toolbar for on-the-fly block creation and a slew of other hilarious modifications.Super Mario Bros. and Portal collide in 'Mari0,' now available originally appeared on Joystiq on Sun, 04 Mar 2012 18:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was about as much fun as Mario with an aperture gun could be expected to be: not much. Not a bad idea, though- just not any sustained fun to speak of in the execution. Novelty? Yes. Fun? In small supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I can't deny it's a nifty idea, but if I wanted to play 2D Portal, I would play Portal: The Flash Version.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)