>console at a flea market with 16 games, and found them all to be terrible.
>I picked up Tron Deadly Discs today for $1
>Astrosmash is definatly on my top 25 games in my collection.
You should give several Intellivision games a fair chance. They can be fun especially if you're like me and have not been able to get interested in any newer consoles. I don't share your enthusiasm for Astrosmash, I always thought it was junk, but I'm glad you like it.

I wouldn't call Tron Deadly Discs "excellent" by any standard, but it was fun back in the day. It's a slow moving game and that frustrated people even back in 1983. It's also shallow, no depth. In order to have fun, you'll need to appreciate all the (few) features it offers (using your disc as a shield, recalling your disc early, blocking open the doors, teleporting, and hitting the recognizer). If you don't have/read the book you may be ignoring features and thus not giving the game a fair shot. You'll need to get good enough to start battling the purple guys and they don't come until many levels in...like other games, it becomes more fun only after you get pretty good at it. Try to block every attacker's disc before you deprogram (kill) him, that gives you double points.

You've read all these posts, but here are some Intellivision games that are good if you give them a chance, in approximate order of newbie fun. Unfortunately, just like back in 1983, you'll usually need an interested/talented playmate to enjoy. Intellivision games are not that easy to master, that's what makes this system better.

Burgertime
Triple-action Biplanes (ignore the cars and tanks, they're junk).
Sea Battle
Dungeons and Dragons (so called "Cloudy Mountain," not "Treasure of Tarmin")
Snafu
Loco-motion (more rare title)
Lock-n-chase (if you have any decent version of Pac-man then Lock-n-Chase has little to offer)

Don't bother with these:
Armor Battle
Auto Racing
Most any non-Mattel title

Post here the list of the 16 titles that you have and I'll give you my opinions.