I have the chance to pick one up for cheap, $300 in full working condition. Games are Super Mario World, F Zero and Super Tennis.

I'm curious though, since here is a typical cartridge for the system:

Super Tennis

My main thought is, the super mario world and super tennis share the same PCB. That would mean the mask rom would be similar: therefore... by looking on the commercial (e.g. sold for home use) cartridge I've found out that they DON'T share the same PCB. This would mean the same mask rom and same layout but still different deployment....

Super Tennis: SHVC-1A0N-01 SNES PCB Commercial/Home use cart

Super Mario World Commercial/Home Cart

Fzero X

But see now here's the weird part: Fzero and SMW both commercial offer save content and therefore share similar carts with Fzero being one revision newer...

So this makes me wonder on my idea of being able to modify the cart rom to display a different game. My main idea was to replace Super tennis and possibly F Zero to more popular first party games (perhaps super mario all stars/ + SMW) to have two more available positions for other games.

I would then also have to replace the little marquee's and side wrapping to something more popular... interesting though.

Why am I doing this? simple it'd be an amazing marketing tool if I can have it displa 7 games, 4 mario games, one kirby and f zero to keep things easy, as well as the chance of being able to differentiate games in an official SNES cabinet is cool and can be quite useful.