Greetings DigitPress-ers! I have not visited the forums since 2008, when I discovered Cabbage Patch Kids Adventures in the Park for Atari 2600 and a buncha Coleco protos and uniques. Since that time, I have been working on building the foundation to create a videogame museum in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Today, I come to you to let ya'll know we are in the final stages of preparing to open this museum. The title is the Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (The MADE), and we hope to open in a small retail space in SF or Oakland before May of this year.

We'll be starting out Kickstarter campaign later this week, and I wanted to check in here and talk to ya'll.

Chris Kohler, who is on our advisory board, informed me that ya'll had been working on opening a museum in the Silicon Valley. I was super happy to hear this, and I want to see if its at all possible to merge our efforts.

I've assembled a crack team of board members and advisors from the media and collecting world. You can see our team at http://www.themade.org which is our rudimentary Web site.

While I have an excellent team of volunteers, I am still the one doing most everything, so our Website is ugly for the moment. But that is why I wanted to come here and chat with ya'll.

I would love to have some help with the MADE. We need folks to help get our site in order, and will eventually need server admins, as we want to host servers for long-lost online games and MMOs. Wnd we will very soon need help archiving source code and online information.The MADE will be about all of digital gaming, not just consoles or computers. Initially, however, we will not be focusing on the arcade because the machines are large, and groups already exist to preserve and display arcade machines.

So, who here has been working on a museum? We need to talk!