Thread: I need YOUR help assembling the PS2 rarity list.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I need YOUR help assembling the PS2 rarity list.

Charlie has appointed me head of the PS2 rarity list. I will be trying my hardest to update it as much as I can. I need the help of all of you to make this a success though.

My request is, if you guys think, or know, or even hear about a PS2 game with a low print run, I would like you to PM me or post here.

Me and the rest of you guys can weed out the "contestants" and find out what's rare and what's not. Again, this is only for PS2 games.

The way I am listing these, so there is no confusion whatsoever is like so: Every week or so, I will be updating a list of games that are thougt to be rare, I will list them here...whether they are rare or not is a different story. Anyways, I will then go to every major online game selling site and type the game in...if it shows up new on ANY of the main sites, then in my eyes, it isnt rare...if it is preowned, it wll be marked "unconfirmed", same way if a game is backordered, granted, this will take a LONG time to get a full complete list, but as I always say, quality over a half-asses rush job

A title is not neccesarily rare *just* because it fetches a high price on ebay. A title *may* be rare though if:

1. You cannot buy it at larger retail chains online or offline. e.g. Best Buy, Gamestop, Ebgames, ect.

2. If it has a low print run.

3. If it was recalled for some reason.

4. There are many other factors in this, I am just listing the most common.

*charlies stuff*

This is a work in progress, so all observations and insight are not only welcome but requested. If you can provide info on production runs (specific numbers hopefully), sales figures, release dates, stuff like that to either confirm a game rare or not, then please provide the information. Speculation is ok if you have some form of proof to back it up. If a game rarely appears on Ebay or if many major game distbutors don't carry it.

Please don't get upset if a game is in a different catagory then what you think it should be in. This is a group effort that will be ongoing. I (or a moderator or Joe or whoever is handy) will update the list as needed. Thank you, and enjoy the lists.

*Note, as information for games is provided, discriptions will be added to explain why a game is or isn't rare. Such discriptions will be below each game and bracketed with stars, like this paragraph.*

$Note, since the most common way to debunk whether or not a game is rare or not is to list a varity of stores where the game is for sale, the dollar sign ($) will be used to show which 'big four major online retailers carry each game. The big four stores are as follows: CircuitCity.com, BestBuy.com, EBworld.com, and Gamestop.com.$
    */charlies stuff* Except for this list right now, it was taken from the list previously listed, I am just "taking over" so to speak.
    Playstation 2

Disney's PK: Out of the Shadows (Confirmed)
    *Limited release, instant budget title.*
    $EBWorld.com (used), BestBuy.com (14.95... snag it now)$

Grandia 2 (Not Rare)
    *Limited quanities upon release. Wide release since*
    $EBWorld.com, Gamestop.com (used)$

Guilty Gear X (Confirmed)
    *Very low print run, far less then any main stream PS2 game.*
    $EBWorld.com (used), Gamestop.com (used)$

Mad Maestro! (Not Rare)
    *Possible wide release since becoming a budget title*
    $EBworld.com$

Metropolismania (Not Rare)
    $EBworld.com, BestBuy.com$

Mr. Mosquito (Not Rare)
    *Possible wide release since becoming a budget title. Uncommon maybe.*
    $Ebworld.com (used), Gamestop.com (used)$

Rez (Not Rare)
    *Reissued as a "Greatest Hits" title.*
    $none$

Ring of Red (unconfirmed)
    $Ebworld.com, Gamestop.com (used)$
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i know this isn't quite what u want, but i know for sure that Mr. Mosquito (Pal, Germany) is available in the so called "Gaming Pyramid" all those games go for 20? and have a pretty high production run
    -Jan

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your input Hydrox, and yes, this is exactly the kind of info I am looking for, I have changed the list accordingly.
    Looking to sell a videogame magazine collection of 200(+) magazines, 60 cents each, send me a PM if you're interested!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My TRU has Mad Maestro! in the bargain $20 bin. They have at least 2 or 3 copies still there. It is also new at compusa.com, buy.com and Amazon.com (which is being supplied by TRU). Also as stated above it is available at ebgames.com. Not sure if that helps ya.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yup, that did help, I believe now I can safely say that it is confirmed-it is not a rare. Thanks for the tip drexel! I had leads that it wasnt seeing as around here that game is cheap priced also, and alot of copies. Again thanks!

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tommrow night I will be deleting all the not rare titles, and adding in some games that I suspect to be rare, and we can weed them out from there.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about Taxi 3?? Based on the French action film. I haven't seen any of the three Taxi movies. Although the grainy snippets included on Taxi 2: Le Jeu(DC) looked like some pretty cool car-chases around Paris. I don't think any of the Taxi movies have made it to these shores, even on DVD. Apparently Luc Besson has written all three parts, and there is a Hollywood re-make of the first one in the pipeline for next year.

Taxi 2: Le Jeu for the Dreamcast was only released in France and is quite difficult to find now, even there. I saw Taxi 3(PS2) in stores in Paris in May, but it was full-price so I didn't take a chance on it.

I am going back to Paris in a month-and-a-half though and I was going to look for it again to see if it has become any cheaper.

link for the cover of Taxi 3(PS2):
    http://www.alibabuy.com/comparer/fiche8838.asp

Link for the second movie in the series:
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0183869

Pictures of a dozen gamestores within one city block in Paris:
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/essankay/.../Games&.view=t

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the input, I will be adding more games later tonight, I will put that one into consideration.