Thread: ** FS: NES "VICE: Project Doom" and "Ninja Crusdaders" Prototype(s) **

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ** FS: "VICE: Project Doom" and "Ninja Crusaders" Prototype(s) **

Hiya -

Thanks for having a look at my listing.. =)

I have the following very nice, highly collectible, original NES (Nintendo Entertaiment System) prototype games available for sale on "Yardsellr"

** (yardellr.com) or via Facebook **

** Here's the link: http://yardsellr.com/N6of

"VICE: Project Doom"

"Ninja Crusaders"

Both games were made by a company called "American Sammy" back in the late 1980's/early 1990's..

In the mid-1990's I called the company (when it still existed independently; it has since been acquired) and verified their authenticity..

A statement signed by me, attesting to the fact, is included with each item..

I found these prototypes, together, at a GoodWill thriftstore in Portland, Oregon circa 1996..

What's particularly neat about this set of prototypes is "VICE: Project Doom" is a COMPLETE prototype with a hand-inked MOCK-UP of its box (printed on a "turned inside out" "Tiger-Heli" box) and a typed set of instructions..

Included with the prototype is also a complete, boxed (like new) released production version of "VICE: Project Doom" and a loose cartridge, as well, for comparison to the prototype..

"Ninja Crusaders" (mispelled "Ninja Cruseders" on the hand-lettered label) is a loose cartridge prototype, which I've been able to open and verify its status as a very early pre-production prototype with hand-sautered connections and wire "jumpers" on the circuit-board..

Very neat chance to own a couple of pieces of NES history; especially the "VICE: Project Doom"..

If you have any questions, please let me know.. =)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ** FS: NES "VICE: Project Doom" and "Ninja Crusdaders" Prototype(s) **

Hiya -

Thanks for having a look at my listing.. =)

I have the following very nice, highly collectible, original NES (Nintendo Entertaiment System) prototype games available for sale on "Yardsellr"

** (yardellr.com) or via Facebook **

** Here's the link: http://yardsellr.com/N6of

"VICE: Project Doom"

"Ninja Crusaders"

Both games were made by a company called "American Sammy" back in the late 1980's/early 1990's..

In the mid-1990's I called the company (when it still existed independently; it has since been acquired) and verified their authenticity..

A statement signed by me, attesting to the fact, is included with each item..

I found these prototypes, together, at a GoodWill thriftstore in Portland, Oregon circa 1996..

What's particularly neat about this set of prototypes is "VICE: Project Doom" is a COMPLETE prototype with a hand-inked MOCK-UP of its box (printed on a "turned inside out" "Tiger-Heli" box) and a typed set of instructions..

Included with the prototype is also a complete, boxed (like new) released production version of "VICE: Project Doom" and a loose cartridge, as well, for comparison to the prototype..

"Ninja Crusaders" (mispelled "Ninja Cruseders" on the hand-lettered label) is a loose cartridge prototype, which I've been able to open and verify its status as a very early pre-production prototype with hand-sautered connections and wire "jumpers" on the circuit-board..

Very neat chance to own a couple of pieces of NES history; especially the "VICE: Project Doom"..

If you have any questions, please let me know.. =)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

You know what'd be great? If you made one thread in the buying & selling forum instead of one here and one in the Prototype forum.

Also, overpriced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Please post pictures of said protos. Sounds awesome. Is there anything different about the Vice Project Doom proto than the final build? That's one of my favorite NES games.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What Port said. Also please read the Buying/Selling FAQ and refrain from spamming all the subforums with the same post every two minutes.

*slide + defrag*
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    You know what'd be great? If you made one thread in the buying & selling forum instead of one here and one in the Prototype forum.

Also, overpriced.
    lemme guess; self-portrait profile pic???

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics View Post
    What Port said. Also please read the Buying/Selling FAQ and refrain from spamming all the subforums with the same post every two minutes.

*slide + defrag*
    Hi - I'm sorry about the miss-posting, I didn't see the buying and selling forum; have never posted on here, before..

Thanks for all understanding.. =)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Sat - yes, I will have some pictures up by the end of tomorrow; also, I will be listing these prototypes, properly, in the "buy and sell" forum.. * (tomorrow is Sunday, 10apr2011)..

I have not opened the "VICE: Project Doom", as the torx screw openings are sealed with "American Sammy" stickers..

With "Ninja Crusaders", I was able open the case and have a good 'look-see' at the circuit board..

I am assuming the "VICE: Project Doom" is an internal (corporate copy, only) release, as it comprises the hand-inked box and typed instructions, as well as the prototype cartridge (which would most likely have been for company staff review, only) and something like this would not have been sent into the general public for review, etc..

One of the quotes I got back from "American Sammy", was: paraphrasing - 'those weren't supposed to get out'.. =)

Thanks Again..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very cool finds, but as Port mentioned the price is really high on these. Prototypes of this nature tend to sell in the $125-$150 range (per cart) at open auction on eBay.

Regardless, good luck with the sale and welcome to the site. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of the games.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by AlryTeaThen View Post
    lemme guess; self-portrait profile pic???
    Why yes, my cock is 5 feet long with the girth of a telephone pole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Why yes, my cock is 5 feet long with the girth of a telephone pole.
    Hahahahaha! That's one of my favorite episodes.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's very overpriced. Still good luck with your sale.