Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Nintendo-made Wii games FINALLY dropping in price

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    Considering that I love the Paper Mario series, it'll be a day one purchase when it drops in price. And if the other rumored titles are accurate (Mario Strikers, Punch-Out and Mario Galaxy), I'll certainly pick up Mario Galaxy as well.
    Not sure why these price drops have taken so long, but glad to see some other titles added. Looks like I may be adding a couple of games to my Wii library.

Now, if only Nintendo would add a Selects line-up to the DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll certainly pick up Mario Galaxy as well.
    How is it possible that any owner of a Wii does not own the best Mario game in existence?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    How is it possible that any owner of a Wii does not own the best Mario game in existence?
    How do you know she doesn't own Super Mario World?

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    I do already, several times over. Oh wait...you weren't talking about Super Mario Bros. 2? With that said, I imagine the thread will soon derail into a rant about how SMB2 isn't even a real Mario game.

All joking aside, I still don't own either Super Mario Galaxy game. My reason is simply due to pricing. I have to admit I'm something of a cheapskate and I'm not interested in paying full price for these titles, especially after they've been on the market for a few years now. Once they hit the $19.99 price, then they'll show up on my radar. I only wish that Nintendo had done reversible covers like they did for the New Play Control titles (speaking of which, I thought there was supposed to be more of those ) If Nintendo had went that route, I wouldn't have hesitated to pick them their titles new. Since they're not, I think I'll have to hunt down some really nice looking used copies.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    I only wish that Nintendo had done reversible covers like they did for the New Play Control titles (speaking of which, I thought there was supposed to be more of those ) If Nintendo had went that route, I wouldn't have hesitated to pick them their titles new. Since they're not, I think I'll have to hunt down some really nice looking used copies.
    I don't think the NPC series sold all that well, sadly (probably why we never saw Pikmin 2 or Chibi-Robo here in the states).

As for the new Select games, pretty much every retailer near me has plenty of copies of Mario Galaxy still in stock, so it probably won't be all that hard to find new copies with the old covers (at least right when the price drop hits anyway). Hell, I found a brand new launch copy of Twilight Princess just a couple months ago in some out of the way K-mart.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    I don't think the NPC series sold all that well, sadly (probably why we never saw Pikmin 2 or Chibi-Robo here in the states).
    Chibi-Robo! is definitely worth picking up on GameCube though. One of the best unknown gems on the system next to Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

I'll also be picking up Super Paper Mario if that Selects rumor is true.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vlcice

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    I do already, several times over. Oh wait...you weren't talking about Super Mario Bros. 2? With that said, I imagine the thread will soon derail into a rant about how SMB2 isn't even a real Mario game.
    Mario 2 is AWESOME. I don't care who says otherwise.

All joking aside, I still don't own either Super Mario Galaxy game. My reason is simply due to pricing. I have to admit I'm something of a cheapskate and I'm not interested in paying full price for these titles, especially after they've been on the market for a few years now. Once they hit the $19.99 price, then they'll show up on my radar. I only wish that Nintendo had done reversible covers like they did for the New Play Control titles (speaking of which, I thought there was supposed to be more of those ) If Nintendo had went that route, I wouldn't have hesitated to pick them their titles new. Since they're not, I think I'll have to hunt down some really nice looking used copies.
    Same here. I admit, I own a Wii but haven't paid that much attention to games for it - so I didn't grab a lot of games when they were new. And I usually don't want to pay full price for a game that's been out for awhile, so Nintendo's silly pricing on stuff means that I've put off getting them. Now that the price has dropped, I'm looking at a few things I missed like Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    Mario 2 is AWESOME. I don't care who says otherwise.
    The Japanese Mario 2 better then the US version...The US version isn't a Mario game at all

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Ah but in terms of creation, Doki Doki Panic/SMB2 has more to do with Mario than Lost Levels, as Miyamoto was involved in the former but not the latter.

And, well, I haven't had a Wii for that long (only a few months) and I was waiting for an occasion to find a cheap copy of Super Mario Galaxy. I actually own Super Mario Galaxy 2, though. And I have or have owned at some point or another almost all other Mario games (including spinoffs like Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG).

I don't care whether the copy I'd buy is the Selects or the original release version, as long as the game's the same. I don't consider myself a collector but rather a gamer, so I don't feel the need for my games to have all matching spines or what not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ah but in terms of creation, Doki Doki Panic/SMB2 has more to do with Mario than Lost Levels, as Miyamoto was involved in the former but not the latter.
    You mean it has more to do with Miyamoto. Just because Miyamoto is involved with a project doesn't mean it's somehow become a member of the Mario series by default or more genuine than another Mario releases that he wasn't involved in. SMB2J was a Mario project from the start, Doki Doki Panic only became a Mario game (And an excellent one at that) after the fact.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 08-14-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I must admit I am a little late to the (Mario) party on these games. I was excited to hear more games were being released at the lower price. I don't tend to pay full price for games because frankly $50 is about a tank of gas for me!

It seems Nintendo's games hold on to that higher price for much longer, making the cost prohibitive to buy certain games. I bought Punch Out! for about $30 on clearance at Sears Essentials back in March or April, so I didn't need it in the new packaging. I bought Twilight Princess (finally) when they released it as part of the Nintendo Selects series.

I bought Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario at Target today. I was excited about Super Paper Mario and was a bit disappointed it became a Wii release instead of for the Gamecube as they originally intended because I didn't have a Wii at the time. I can't wait to try it out.

I still have my Wii Sports disc that came with the Wii. I guess the appeal of the one in the case would be to have a nice way to display it on the shelf. I would buy it if the original ever gets damaged (the cardboard case makes me nervous taking it out and putting it back in). I'm not really interested in Mario Super Sluggers or Mario Strikers Charged. I already have the ones originally on Gamecube and did not see any changes that stood out to me. And....Animal Crossing: City Folk was bought on launch day with the strategy guide (for the girlfriend....I barely touch it!)

I do wish they would release New Super Mario Bros Wii as part of the series....even if they lost the red case in the process.
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by starchildskiss78 View Post
    (for the girlfriend....I barely touch it!)
    I just felt like taking this out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by starchildskiss78 View Post
    I do wish they would release New Super Mario Bros Wii as part of the series....even if they lost the red case in the process.
    Interestingly enough, lately I've been seeing alot of Mario DS titles show up in red boxes.

I kind of think they could score some sales with Metroid: Other M and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor if they would rebrand them as budget titles. Why are they both (still) $49.99 if they aren't selling well?
    Last edited by SpaceHarrier; 09-15-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

I just picked up metroid other m the other day on clearance for 7 and now i can get punchout and paper mario for 20? ALMOST a reason to dust off the system and try it again, I havn't touched the system since the day I got it like 3 years ago.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    I Interestingly enough, lately I've been seeing alot of Mario DS titles show up in red boxes.
    That was because they were 'relaunched' in eco cases as part of the 25th anniversary of Mario. Prices didn't drop, just the addition of the new cases. The games arn't even showing a -A rev to them, so that was a purely cosmetic change.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What does the Disc look like in the Nintendo Selete Series??

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

A friend of mine picked up the NS version of Punch-Out!! and the disc art looked pretty much the same as my non-NS version.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29