Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Game Demonstration/Room/Review Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ugh constant drifting is no good. I can when the mood hits tolerate it in Ridge Racer and that's really it. I was thinking with their talking it up too much it would roll like Daytona which would be fantastic. I'm taking a wait and see on this one at this point because of that and the fact I think this should have been out awhile ago and still is nowhere near complete which speaks to problems in development and/or being lazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    The music is definitely subdued, as are the tracks. This game felt a LOT like the Crusin' series rather than the SEGA stuff. I didn't understand the need for constant drifting, I hate that.
    There's nothing wrong with the mechanics, that's 90s 3D Sega racing games for you. It's the pace that bothers me. It seemed a lot more on edge and or frenetic pace in the trailer videos. I guess when it's a single car versus an entire line-up of cars you lose some intensity but still it seems off compared to the trailers.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

No, I've played Daytona USA 2 a ton, the drifting was a gradual drift, it wasn't immediate to when you touch the wheel, as this looked. The car was drifting/smoking tires on a straightaway.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The large delay is due to the opponent car(s) AI being scrapped, and reprogrammed from scratch. Evidently, Pelikan13 wasn't pleased with the AI as it was, and being a small team of... geez how many people are working on this, anway? It's taking a while, obviously. I'm glad it was delayed to make a higher quality game, though it seems we've been waiting forever. Oh well, it's a game based on nostalgia, it's not like it will be 'outdated' when it finally does release.

Then again, 4K is quickly becoming the new standard, so depending on when it does finally arrive, I might have to eat my words (or download a higher high-definition texture pack)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just about had given this up as dead after so little having been shown off on a project that was initially due several years ago.

While a promising start (As said, looks like a lot of work remains to be done and there are other issues here as well), I hope a better camera perspective is offered. I prefer a chase view that is a bit more fixed behind your vehicle, where as the car rotates way too much in this one compared to your camera perspective.

I hate making more than just a minor steering adjustment without the camera reacting and here, you can be making a pretty decent turn while the camera is still facing the direction you were previously going on the straightaway. Some is okay when initiating a power drift (Which as said, is happening far too often in this footage), but it's happening in that clip even just during normal steering.

And that generic music isn't what memories are made of. They need to fire up some classic Sega racers and pay close attention if that's an example of the music that's going to be on offer (I wish the Wii U offered custom soundtrack support, since something like Outrun's soundtrack or Kemco's Top Gear soundtrack would fix this right up).

What's the Egyptian track with the fake scanlines supposed to be a homage to (I assume it's copying something from Sega's library, like the rest obviously is doing)?
    Last edited by Leo_A; 05-13-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

please demo for pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    What's the Egyptian track with the fake scanlines supposed to be homage to (I assume it's copying something from Sega's library, like the rest obviously is doing)?
    It's got an OutRun kinda vibe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    It's got an OutRun kinda vibe.
    Yeah, but that's 1980's and I also doubt that many people first think of its desert track when they remember it. Seems if they wanted a taste of Outrun, we'd almost certainly see a beach course instead.

There is a desert track in Outrunners though, and it might even have a pyramid in the background if I remember right. But again, that sure wouldn't be the first choice I'd at least make if I wanted a representative from that game.

Edit: Yeah, I bet their inspiration came from the Egypt track that you can see at the 13:20 mark in this video. It would just about be my last choice though from this game.

I'd of picked Hawaii, Outrunner's version of the classic beach course, for my top selection.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 01-25-2015 at 01:56 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Einzelherz's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The world sure was a much more colorful place in the 90s huh?

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Nice call on Outrunners Leo, and I never liked that game. I still have hope for this fan-made game though.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for posting these man I honestly haven't seen a worse video on youtube in a very long time this was great 2006 era nostalgia...

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

The Irate Gamer is already a parody series in my opinion.

This...... Ummm... I see what you're trying to go for with the random games and images that are mismatched, but it doesn't work. Maybe if you had higher production values and less randomness with the items being mismatched you might have better videos. The one thing you have going for you is the similarity I found you have with Borat in the accent and speech, but it's not enough to redeem the videos.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only thing that video did for me was make me angry at myself for trying to watch it. Try doing something original, the angry shtick is played the hell out.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wow, that was terrible. I couldn't make it past the 2:00 mark.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Well I'll try to be a little more constructive. I tried to watch the gameboy video and gave up. your voice is muddled and the background music too loud. Couldn't understand a word you were saying. So there's a technical issue you may want to sort out.

Cherry (Level 1) CastlevaniaDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No. OK. No.
    Adult Podcast for Kids
    Weekly geek podcast. Everything from movies to tv, comics to video games, pro wrestling, entertainment, and beyond, with a decidedly adult slant.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Is Irate Gamer still making new videos? I haven't heard anything about him in ages, not even about his ghost hunting stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think the best answer to this is not to answer because as many mommies have said before 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Is Irate Gamer still making new videos? I haven't heard anything about him in ages, not even about his ghost hunting stuff.
    Hes shilling Skylanders merchandise

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

As long time forum goers know, all videos should be posted in this video thread if the videos have anything to do with video games. So PizzaPieZero, your thread has been merged with this thread. If you have any more videos to share that have to do with video games then please post them here in this thread. Thank you.