Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A truly horrible eBay story with a happy ending.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Glad it worked out for you fish sandwich. On another note, I just learned what a "brool story" is and what a "juggalo" is.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by APE992 View Post
    Not sure honestly. We aren't talking here about $12 in cheap jewelery but a tidy sum of cash. Probably would have to talk to a lawyer realistically and since it crossed state lines it'd be a felony if there was any wrong doing on his part.
    It's true that he would technically be guilty of larceny or a variant of it if he intentionally withheld the property from it's rightful owner. A shipping mistake is not an automatic "here, this is a gift."

But, really, something being technically the case doesn't mean anything can actually be done about it barring some miracle. Yeah, there would be legal recourse but it wouldn't be extremely likely to produce results. Which is why I'd probably be kissing the ass of anybody who returned something I mailed them by accident.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 06-08-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    Glad it worked out for you fish sandwich. On another note, I just learned what a "brool story" is and what a "juggalo" is.

Yeah, I didn't know what a "brool story" was either until portnoyd schooled me. I didn't think my story was THAT boring.

I knew what a "juhhalo" was. They threw a bunch of turds at Tia Tequila.

http://gawker.com/5612993/was-tila-t...oo-by-juggalos

Gross!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ha! Speak of the devil, I was just talking about Juggalos elsewhere. I came across this pic...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had he decided to not send you back the games, there isn't much you can do about it. Legally, he would have to return them, but you would never be able to prove what was in the box when you sent it. There wasn't a strong enough paper trail to determine what went where. You lucked out.

This kind of stuff happens at banks all the time. Sometimes the bank will put money in your account that isn't yours. It usually takes the bank a couple days before they correct the error, but there's people out there who think it's free money and spend it. The difference between video games and the bank is the bank has a perfect paper trail of their money and will demand the money back. You will have to pay back every penny because you don't have a legal leg to stand on. An error doesn't entitle you to freebies.

Same thing with a work paycheck. Knowingly accepting or not returning money in error when confronted could, and perfectly legally, get you fired.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Yeah and the thing is, what if he had already sold the spare games for more money than you did. He would have still gotten something out of it and just had to pay you back.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I once saw a juggalo IRL. He looked fat enough to crush a golf cart and he was dumber than a McDonalds employee, not to mention how he stomped around with a bottle of grape Faygo.

Also, true fact: there is a list Maddox (the Best Page one) made in 1998 of the bands he hated, and guess who's on the list? Insane Clown Posse. They sucked, even over a decade ago, and they still do.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had shipping screw-ups before and have always offered either shipping reimbursement or a freebie game (most take the game). In this case, I'd grab a decent Saturn import and ship it off to his address as a thank you (with a thank you note inside). Whether he intentionally tried to keep those games or, as he said, he was unaware they were shipped to his cousin, he went thru the trouble of sending them back when he could have just denied their existance and kept them.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive never done this myself but ive received extra games several times. Best occasion was after buying a GBA system off ebay for $10 bucks shipped "buy it now" I got a second package from the seller a month later with a brief note saying they found all the games and decided to send them to me. Well there were about 30 games that were worth around $200 total according to ebay prices. This happened right before Christmas too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have twice sent packages to the wrong person.

First time, I mix up the destination for a CD drive and a SCSI card. The guy who received the drive was nice enough to return it, but the other guy kept my SCSI card. Jerk.

Second time, I mixed up the destination for Mario Kart 64 and Mario 64. Both people returned the games to me.

I can't imagine this happening these days. Most of the time I use Paypal shipping labels, and I always verify the package contents, along with writing a hint on the outside of the box.

Strawberry (Level 2) pixelsnpolygons's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That was a well written story - loved your self-deprecating comments, too. Glad it worked out well for you as well. And I loved how the thread became an excuse to hate on Juggalos. I'm not really sure why but I just can't stand those guys.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmus View Post
    he was dumber than a McDonalds employee

Your a real classy dude. You really need to go and let the adults speak. I've never had to work at MickyD's but I know fellow CHEF'S motherfucker that have had to in the last 5 years due to the economy, you wouldn't know that living at the folks house though.

Meh. End of rant.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    Your a real classy dude. You really need to go and let the adults speak. I've never had to work at MickyD's but I know fellow CHEF'S motherfucker that have had to in the last 5 years due to the economy, you wouldn't know that living at the folks house though.

Meh. End of rant.
    TheShawn is poor, lol.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmus View Post
    I once saw a juggalo IRL. He looked fat enough to crush a McDonalds heavy user with but a single ass cheek...
    Fixed. Desired comedic effect achieved.

I grew up around Juggalos. Probably the only high hazard condition present in rural Minnesota 15 years ago (sheltered as fuck). I assumed they were a total parody joke act about the silliness of rap in general, and I also thought some of their early stuff was funny... I seriously thought it was all satire, shock and show. Then they got more popular, got on TV wrestling, and they professed seriousness in this nonsense they spouted. Break all ties and associations... Now, Juggalo is a religion. OMGWTFICP... Bronies make more sense.

/hijack
    Last edited by Icarus Moonsight; 06-08-2011 at 08:20 PM.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    TheShawn is poor, lol.
    Wtf are you on about now?

You really have zero concept of shit. FYI I know of a few moderators on these forums who have had to work at Mcdonalds. Along with people I've known and have worked side by side with for years in established restaraunts with full grown kids,AND degrees from CIA , thank God I never Had to, but there is nothing wrong with taking a job you don't want to if you HAVE to, to take care of yourself and family. And if I needed to I would. I really don't see where your tangent leads you in this.

Who knows?/Who cares? I really don't.

Remember kids, you can post/say anything you want if your portnoyd.

Maybe you should stop your penis from fluttering every time I post? Yes?
    Last edited by The Shawn; 06-08-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Did someone say Juggalos?

Bonus: some Chris-chan magical rhymes for the uninitiated...

http://youtu.be/A83TC27Lrqg
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    did someone say juggalos?

I've seen some bad tattoos, but the word "chicken"?
    Is that some kind of Juggalo in-joke, or is he just professing his deep love for flightless fowl?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    Fixed. Desired comedic effect achieved.

I grew up around Juggalos. Probably the only high hazard condition present in rural Minnesota 15 years ago (sheltered as fuck). I assumed they were a total parody joke act about the silliness of rap in general, and I also thought some of their early stuff was funny... I seriously thought it was all satire, shock and show. Then they got more popular, got on TV wrestling, and they professed seriousness in this nonsense they spouted. Break all ties and associations... Now, Juggalo is a religion. OMGWTFICP... Bronies make more sense.

/hijack
    I dunno... every interview I've ever seen or read of the dudes in ICP basically has them admitting that they suck and it's really all for a laugh, that you shouldn't take them seriously at all. The main guy (forget his name) is one of the most humble "rich rock dudes" and has exactly zero pretensions about his music. That doesn't make the music any better (or their fans any smarter) but at least you can say they don't have any egos about it.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    Wtf are you on about now?

You really have zero concept of shit. FYI I know of a few moderators on these forums who have had to work at Mcdonalds. Along with people I've known and have worked side by side with for years in established restaraunts with full grown kids,AND degrees from CIA , thank God I never Had to, but there is nothing wrong with taking a job you don't want to if you HAVE to, to take care of yourself and family. And if I needed to I would. I really don't see where your tangent leads you in this.

Who knows?/Who cares? I really don't.

Remember kids, you can post/say anything you want if your portnoyd.

Maybe you should stop your penis from fluttering every time I post? Yes?
    MISSION REPORT:

TheShawn: Successfully trolled.