Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comments & questions about the SNES rarity list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is on the list... the serial code appears to be wrong, though. I wonder why this game hasn't been dumped... even unreleased games like Bobby's World have been.

Oh, can I use that image for my website?
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sure, Just copy it. If you link from my site, then the link will likely be broken in a week or two.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will be selling both copies of the game, per my "Selling It All" thread that was posted in the OT forum, so you'll both have a chance to own it. One copy will go up on the bay this weekend, the other will be an auction Item at CGE.
    Just wondering if the bay copy is up yet?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a little update on my progress. Just got done seperating the letter S and now I am starting to go through them. No real surprises. I am amazed at how accurate the SNES rarity list is. By the time I am done, I will probably need between 50 and 100 games to have the set complete. Alot of the games I need are very, very common (I sold a bunch of sports titles off before deciding to get this collection together)

Thanks to my good friend Dave, I am making good progress and should be done with it before the CGE. (I think I may be buying lots of SNES stuff if there is some at the show) :P

Like I stated before though, I would treat the SNES the same as the NES, priced out as loose, not complete.

That is all for now. Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!

Danny

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final report from my findings:

Just finished sorting through the games about 15 minutes ago. It takes a long damn time to do all of this, but it was well worth it. No surprises, the rarity list is AWESOME, Joe! It is EXTREMELY accurate! I should have all of the carts I need in a few months, boxes and manuals in about 5-6 months. Rarity grades were pretty much dead on. That is all, I am going to have a beer, as my reward to myself for doing this!

Danny

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Final report from my findings:

Just finished sorting through the games about 15 minutes ago. It takes a long damn time to do all of this, but it was well worth it. No surprises, the rarity list is AWESOME, Joe! It is EXTREMELY accurate! I should have all of the carts I need in a few months, boxes and manuals in about 5-6 months. Rarity grades were pretty much dead on. That is all, I am going to have a beer, as my reward to myself for doing this!

Danny
    It's good to know we're on the right track with the list and the rarities - the SNES section desperately needs CONTENT, which I'm sure we'll get cracking on once the CGE crusade is over. Thanks as always for the feedback!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

by 'content' do you mean descriptions of the games? If you ever need a description of the game and basics (year/month of release, publisher, players, codes, nintendo power refs/ratings, etc) of the game, let me know. I happen to have a very handy database ready...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just out of curiosity, has anyone come across these 3 games:

Barbie Vacation Adventure
    International Superstar Soccer
    International Superstar Soccer Deluxe

I thought Mayhem stated he has International superstar soccer, but I am having no luck finding any of these on ebay. Does anyone have these games, I am interested in buying them if it is possible.

Thanks

Danny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just out of curiosity, has anyone come across these 3 games:

I thought Mayhem stated he has International superstar soccer, but I am having no luck finding any of these on ebay. Does anyone have these games, I am interested in buying them if it is possible.

Thanks

Danny
    mhhh do you have all other missing games? is it that hard to find barbie? i've never heard about this game being incredibly rare

iss (deluxe) are two of the games with the most rumours about them but the least facts, what IS a fact is that there is a Rom of the US Version of ISS Deluxe but none of the normal version
    there also exists a rom of Barbie, there are rumours that the ISS games were only released in Mexiko or whatever

perhaps you could try to find out who dumped the two roms?? that might help on your search
    -Jan

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I could have sworn I saw Barbie Vacation in the wild before, and the ISS's may have only been N64 released... looking into them...

dave

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Barbie Vacation Adventure was cancelled in the US.

ISS and ISSD were both released, in June and November of 1995, respectively. ISS only appears in NP 85, but ISSD appears in 78, 86, 96, and 100. There were also 2 N64 games and one Original GB game, and a second GB game and a third N64 game were planned (both called ISS 2000) but later cancelled.

No idea on the rarity of them, but I would bet that a game seeing so many sequels would probably have been at least somewhat popular.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I remember seeing US SNES ISS advertised and listed in mail order places here in the UK, but never got hold of a copy. I never saw ISS Deluxe advertised or mentioned in US format EVER. I have also NEVER come across either game for US SNES format on eBay either. Both of course are easy to find in PAL format.

As for the N64 versions, ISS64 and ISS98 were released to buy. I've been told ISS2000 did come out in the US but rental or limited availability only. I've not seen this on eBay either. PAL release is tricky but not hard to find.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, you can always check with Konami to be absolutely sure, but the information above comes from Nintendo's own internal database. It's about as official as you can get. If ISS2000 was released here, it was unlicensed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for quick responses everyone! I appreciate it!

mhhh do you have all other missing games? is it that hard to find barbie? i've never heard about this game being incredibly rare

iss (deluxe) are two of the games with the most rumours about them but the least facts, what IS a fact is that there is a Rom of the US Version of ISS Deluxe but none of the normal version
    there also exists a rom of Barbie, there are rumours that the ISS games were only released in Mexiko or whatever

perhaps you could try to find out who dumped the two roms?? that might help on your search
    If you take out those 3 games, I am down to 6 or 7 games that I need and I have seen all of those before so I know they are out there.

@Hydrox: you mentioned that you have seen the ROM dump of the ISS deluxe, do you have a website to point me to so I can attempt to hunt down the person who has this?

@Anotherfluke: thanks for the info on the 3 games. If the 2 soccer games were actually released, you would think there would be 1000's of them out there, but I just haven't come across them at all.

Other than that the SNES rarity list is shaping up nicely guys! The added content is great. I told Joe about another Rumor mill title called METAL JACK. The box art shows up on half.com. Nathan, maybe you know something about the history of this title.

Danny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you want ISS and ISSD, you might have to go to Mexico or South America. Those are the only places I could (on ebay, anyway). Very rare games, indeed.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    If you want ISS and ISSD, you might have to go to Mexico or South America. Those are the only places I could (on ebay, anyway). Very rare games, indeed.
    And that could be the problem we have with Super Copa as well. So what's the call on games that were potentially/are Mexico only, but may have trickled up the border? Joe?

Barbie Vacation Adventure will be sidelined until someone turns up a copy. If that never happens, so be it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Hydrox: you mentioned that you have seen the ROM dump of the ISS deluxe, do you have a website to point me to so I can attempt to hunt down the person who has this?
    cherryroms.com should have it, otherwise i don't know one right now, it is definetly in the GoodSNES list though, so you might try to ask the editor of that list about it

i just checked playagain.net, they have it (Good Sets , Super NES)
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh btw darth, i just saw you edited your want list and added all boxes and manuals, i think i could have about 20 of those manuals
    -Jan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only info I have on it is that it was not officially released. Listed as cancelled for SNES. Sorry I don't have more info on it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there something wrong with my computer or is the spacing all screwed up on this topic?? Every other forum topic is working fine for me except this one.

Danny