Thread: Operation Flashpoint Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Default Operation Flashpoint Elite

I have been extolling the virtues of this pc game for a couple years now some might remember.

Finally FINALLY its due on Xbox and looks like its gonna kick alot of ass.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/...Elite-Trailer/

check out the video there.

While not the flashiest graphics ever admittedly it is hard to convey the sheer SIZE of the game. Think San Andreas big only more so. You will have missions in the game but its really open ended. I remember where I completely disregarded my mission outline and wandered off.. found a Russian Gunship at an Airbase too it back and then took out the enemy infantry with it instead of a firefight.

Or having gotten my squad killed and been shot through the legs, Crawled the rest of the way to the Shilka AA tanks and used grenades from fallen Russians to take out the treads which causes the crew to bail So I could cut them down with a carbine.. Radio an all clear to a Warthog that the AA is snuffed so it could roll in and pound the rest of the Armor and still manage to crawl back to an Evac in the chaos. Intense.

Look for Sothy Online with this one. Some people think they are badasses with that Halo 2 shielding... Wait untill you are ambushed and half your team dies then taking the obvious retreat route only to run into well placed claymores... The opportunity for devious planning is magnificent and jumping around like an idiot going All HALO style Rambo will make you humble real quick.

Long Story short, BUY THIS.

I dont sing praises of this magnitude often so I hope yall are listening.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Roger that, Sothy. I've always liked this series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Considering how much I adored Cold War Crisis and Resistance on PC, I'm totally buying this. Also going to pick up Armed Assault when it comes out because, hey.. Bohemia Interactive deserves more of my money for pumping out such awesomeness

I actually came pretty close to ordering Virtual Battlespace about a year or so ago but decided to hold off. Kind of wish I had gotten it anyway :\

Hell, I don't even like playing games like this without a mouse and keyboard but i'm willing to make an exception for OFP. It's just a shame that Red Hammer was such a rushed piece of poo

Glad to hear you're a fellow OFP fan!

Edit - I just found out that you have to play all the way through Cold War Crisis to play the Resistance campaign in the Xbox version. For shame

Doesn't bother me a whole hell of a lot (Resistance is both a hell of a lot of fun and a hell of a lot harder than CWC), but it would have been nice to play the campaigns in chronological order on the Xbox. Oh well, I still want this and I still want it super bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Anyone else pick it up?

Picked it up a couple days ago and been having a blast.

Barely messed with the multiplayer.. looks like there arent alot of servers out there yet.

Beaten all the Single missions except the Sniper hunting Spetznaz officers one... Good God thats a bastard.

<@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game looks amazing, I really want it but I will have to wait until I get some more cash before picking it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played the original PC version (and never on-line) but the cheating computer AI kinda ruined the game for me. Example: There is some mission where you have to assassinate some high ranking russians. There you are, full sniper camo gear, hiding in the woods. You place one shot over a distance of several hundred meters and 5 seconds later you are killed by some guards with AK-47's (which are able to spot you from that distance based on 1 shot, and then manage to kill you with a gun that is not known for it's long range accuracy )

But except for that, the game is pretty brilliant. I especially like the map editor. I always put some tiny little army hopelessly trying to defend a village agaist my huge, overpowered army

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CreamSoda
    This game looks amazing, I really want it but I will have to wait until I get some more cash before picking it up.
    Likewise.

Also, this isn't the original PC game; I believe the AI should act differently. Really this game should be getting more attention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked it up yesterday! and here in aus at certain outlets like mine!
    the game is now a budget title $39.95AU which is the equivelent to a US $15 game.

While I have played this on the PC I was amazed by the quality of the port, defienlty a must have!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

but the cheating computer AI kinda ruined the game for me. Example: There is some mission where you have to assassinate some high ranking russians. There you are, full sniper camo gear, hiding in the woods. You place one shot over a distance of several hundred meters and 5 seconds later you are killed by some guards with AK-47's (which are able to spot you from that distance based on 1 shot, and then manage to kill you with a gun that is not known for it's long range accuracy Gah! )

hats the damn mission im talking about!
    Beaten all the Single missions except the Sniper hunting Spetznaz officers one... Good God thats a bastard.

<@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust
    I picked it up yesterday! and here in aus at certain outlets like mine!
    the game is now a budget title $39.95AU which is the equivelent to a US $15 game.
    Actually, that's about $30. Your currency's not THAT undervalued and it seems it has climbed in value since I visited Australia. NZD isn't too far behind, either!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am well aware that our currency is not the Undervaluated but I was comparing game prices relative. your titles that are $49.99 are $99.99 here so that is the comparable chart that we use not the dollar value, FYI.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

it is currently the year 2011....how does this game hold up?

i never even knew this game came out on consoles i remember loving the shit out of this game back in 2001 when i had it on pc then lending it to a friend and having him lose it so i never got to finish, i cant even lie, i just ordered this from ebay last night and im really excited for this

anyone still play it or play it recently to shed some light on how its aged???
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."