Thread: Digital Press Podcast (All Episodes)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

I've really been enjoying these podcasts, but this one especially. My parents were not keen on the idea of buying me video game systems when I was growing up. They finally broke down and bought me a Genesis for Christmas when it came out. But I remember wanting an NES so much and having to play at my friend's houses. And all my friends had one. However, I remember going with one of my friends and his mom to Toys R' Us to buy one when they came out. This brought up a lot of fond memories for me.

Thanks again.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I've really been enjoying these podcasts, but this one especially. My parents were not keen on the idea of buying me video game systems when I was growing up. They finally broke down and bought me a Genesis for Christmas when it came out. But I remember wanting an NES so much and having to play at my friend's houses. And all my friends had one. However, I remember going with one of my friends and his mom to Toys R' Us to buy one when they came out. This brought up a lot of fond memories for me.

Thanks again.
    Thanks so much!

We know that there have been a lot of really great, comprehensive books, shows and podcasts about the history of Nintendo ... and while we could have probably done an hour or so of recounting the history of the industry we felt that it would be a much more entertaining time (both for us and for listeners) to talk about our personal recollections and feelings about being "NES enthusiasts" in the past as well as the present generation.

Now that we're in a groove we're going to do our best to keep it fun and interesting!
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've finally had a chance to watch this podcast, and I must say it's one of the best yet, purely based on the personal memories of the panelists. I always get a blast out of hearing people talk about our common "baby".

I'm highly anticipating the next installment! Will it be another theme episode like this, and will we see the return of "Tales from the Store" (A Personal favorite of mine)? If you do have a plan to do more theme episodes, can I make a suggestion? Do one on games magazines!
    Denmark: Home of The Little Mermaid and heavy sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

I have to ask, where's episode 6?

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybum View Post
    Do one on games magazines!
    That would be cool. I still have a lot of old Nintendo Power, Sega Visions, and GamePros lying around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I have to ask, where's episode 6?

That would be cool. I still have a lot of old Nintendo Power, Sega Visions, and GamePros lying around.
    We decided to render the video at 1,000,000P instead of 1080P so, we get about a frame a week oputput. Should be up in a couple of years, just in time for monitors with compatible screen resolution.

...I keed.

It's a nutty episode though. If you like your podcasts with a heaping helping of chaos, it'll be a good listen when it's up.

I'll poke Mike and see where we're at.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, episode 6 is, like, coming.. soonish? Man, being away from you guys for a couple of months requires a lot of catching up upon returning here

Is episode 6 the phone-in episode? I would've loved to phone in and yell Danish obscenities at you guys But, seriously, I imagine doing the podcast takes a lot of work and time, so if there's anything I/we can do to help, let us know. I'd love to "do my part" if I can make things easier for you guys.
    Denmark: Home of The Little Mermaid and heavy sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybum View Post
    So, episode 6 is, like, coming.. soonish? Man, being away from you guys for a couple of months requires a lot of catching up upon returning here

Is episode 6 the phone-in episode? I would've loved to phone in and yell Danish obscenities at you guys But, seriously, I imagine doing the podcast takes a lot of work and time, so if there's anything I/we can do to help, let us know. I'd love to "do my part" if I can make things easier for you guys.
    Yes. Soon.

The call-in line is pretty much live every week since we film at the store and it's just the store phone.

We've gotten a few ... *ahem* amusing calls so far ...

I PROMISE that if we actually get any serious calls we will be happy to take them!

Maybe we'll set up a Skype-in on the next episode if that's easier for folks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    We decided to render the video at 1,000,000P instead of 1080P so, we get about a frame a week oputput. Should be up in a couple of years, just in time for monitors with compatible screen resolution.

...I keed.

It's a nutty episode though. If you like your podcasts with a heaping helping of chaos, it'll be a good listen when it's up.

I'll poke Mike and see where we're at.

Awesome!

Can't wait to see it.