Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Digital Press Podcast (All Episodes)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    But if you do feel that way, I'd suggest addressing that concern directly with Joe, John and/or Sean (whichever one of them said whatever struck you that way) as I'm pretty sure they're a bit busy to be paying attention to this thread at the moment.

Just to be clear I'm talking about comments about "people who are well off" that "didn't want to put up too much" and "a handful of people who didn't come through". If we're talking about people who "didn't want to put up too much" then what they're saying is that (some) *donors* didn't contribute enough.

And no, I'm not going to approach the Digital Press royal throne on this one. If I happen to see Joe I will certainly mention it. If they're too busy to pay attention to their own publicity that's another issue.
    Last edited by Kid Ice; 10-23-2011 at 08:32 AM.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Jeff, you and I were part of a discussion where this was addressed DURING the fundraiser. That conversation brought a ring of people around to comment and speculate (there are even photos of this in one of the NAVA galleries) which is why it seemed like a good conversation to share with the world at large. In that group of a dozen or so, everyone seemed genuinely interested, concerned, and full of speculation.

No harm was meant by re-addressing that conversation, and I apologize if anyone took it personally. If it wasn't patently obvious, we are extremely thankful for everything we've received, large or small.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    If it wasn't patently obvious, we are extremely thankful for everything we've received, large or small.
    You're welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I enjoyed the first show but the RSS feed doesn't have any episodes in it. Can you guys fix that?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Jeff, you and I were part of a discussion where this was addressed DURING the fundraiser. That conversation brought a ring of people around to comment and speculate (there are even photos of this in one of the NAVA galleries) which is why it seemed like a good conversation to share with the world at large. In that group of a dozen or so, everyone seemed genuinely interested, concerned, and full of speculation.
    OK, and I believe my portion of that conversation consisted of "it'll be fine, most of the people who haven't donated (including me) will do so closer to the deadline". And apparently that is what ultimately happened. And yes I too said it was silly that people would want a breakdown of where the money was going item by item, and that has not changed.

What has changed is the fundraiser was a success. Is it necessary to go back into the "2000 people clicked the like button" thing?

Less explicitly, during that casual NAVA conversation amongst friends, I agreed most of the anti-fundraiser noise was coming from the negative vbender banana convention that never likes anything. It's one thing to slag people that are (potentially, but not really) slowing things down in a semi-private conversation among, like, five people. It's another to dwell on it in promotional materials for the museum.

So yes, as your photographic evidence confirms (?), there was indeed a brief conversation at a NAVA meeting about how a number of unnamed people curiously aren't on board with the whole museum thing. And again, I questioned if it was a case of people truly not being on board, or delaying a credit card purchase as long as possible (which pretty much any prudent adult tends to do).

What I don't get as why that would continue to be an issue after the finish line has been crossed. No good can come from it.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Yeah, the vBulletin forum software is bugged in regard to RSS feeds with podcasts. They say you get what you pay for, but the price of vBulletin says podcast enclosures should work!

On topic: we will have a working RSS feed for both the audio and video versions before too long, likely just two weeks or so. We will use different software to handle it though called ListGarden.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Yeah, the vBulletin forum software is bugged in regard to RSS feeds with podcasts. They say you get what you pay for, but the price of vBulletin says podcast enclosures should work!

On topic: we will have a working RSS feed for both the audio and video versions before too long, likely just two weeks or so. We will use different software to handle it though called ListGarden.
    Awesome. Not so much about the bugginess of vBulletin, but awesome that you've got a handle on it.

So, what would you like your (overdue at this point) credit to read as in all future productions?

Your choice. Be creative.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

A credit title in the podcast, eh? Something creative you say, hmm? How about "Technical Daemon" as a reference to the computer term for something working in the background taking care of tasks others don't want to take care of or can't handle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    A credit title in the podcast, eh? Something creative you say, hmm? How about "Technical Daemon" as a reference to the computer term for something working in the background taking care of tasks others don't want to take care of or can't handle?
    Daemon, yeah, I know that guy "Mailer Daemon" ... he always tells me when my emails don't go through, which is a right kind thing for him to do.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

DP Podcast Episode 4 RECORDS TONIGHT!

SUBMIT QUESTIONS VIA HERE, EMAIL or TWITTA!

w00t!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

EPISODE 4 is IN THE CAN BABY!

Written by Paul Dini

Directed by Christopher Nolan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it on itunes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by klax View Post
    Is it on itunes?
    Sorry, not yet.

We'll make it a point as of episode 4 to get them all up on iTunes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Default Episode 4 (Video Version)

Holy crap it's the Digital Press Podcast Episode 4!

In this episode we discuss and examine some interesting game console controllers from the history books, we delve into a poignant listener question about the fate and possible future of Mega Man Legends 3 and we get some great hands-on time with the Sifteo modular portable game console ... block, thingy. It's really cool.

This episode also features a VERY special closing segment where we discuss a major gripe that we all have with Batman Arkham City. I PROMISE this segment is worth the price of admission, especially for those who like Batman or have alternately ever wanted to punch us in the face/hit us with things.

So stay tuned till the end, where we ask the question ... is this the END of the Digital Press Podcast crew? Tune in next week to find out!

Please note, due to popular demand - this episode contains no exposed knees, calves, thighs or other appendages below the waistline.

Video podcast RSS feed
    Direct download link for Episode 4 (1:14:10, MP4, 376 MiB)
    Vimeo stream for Episode 4
    Podcast info page
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 01-15-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I posted an apology to the podcast team in OT. I didn't post it here because the original comments were made in that forum.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll make sure that Frankie shows more leg and knees in the next one. I tried to hide away the sex appeal, but let's face it sex sells and Frankie oozes it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Default DP Podcast Arkham City Sketch

Thanks to everybody who checked out Episode 4!

Since we're in a generous mood tonight, here's a link to the Batman Arkham City sketch.

Check out our thoughts on the GOTY contender and watch us get beat up here:

http://youtu.be/qfZFmNJ4QRc
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 01-02-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice!
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Mianrtcv View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks! Can't guarantee these in every episode, but we're all proud of it and hope to produce more like it in the future.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Recording went surprisingly smoothly except for one instance where Frankie got hit in a sensitive area with a batarang thrown by yours truly.

I don't think I'm allowed to throw things anymore.