Figured I'd register and make a thread, see if anyone can help out. I bought a SNES at a garage sale yesterday. It looked pretty good, no signs that it had ever taken a beating or anything, not yellowed etc. When I brought it home and plugged it in, I wasn't able to get any games to work on it. All I got was a black screen with a weird pattern going downwards. I wasn't getting any sound at all. Cleaning the connectors on the cartridges and on the system didn't do anything. The pattern still appears even if there isn't a cartridge put in.

I took the whole thing to a friend's place, we tried each component separately on his SNES to make sure it wasn't the AC adapter or anything else. The problem seems to be with the console itself. Every other cable and game worked on his system.

I'll include a picture of what I'm seeing here, just wondering if anyone has an idea of whats happening. I've been reading a lot about a fuse going bad as a common problem, but the light still turns on, so I don't imagine that's the issue.