Hey DP, K've started what will be an ongoing series as I count down my personal top 100 NES/Famicom games list.

Yes, there are already plenty of NES top 10′s, top 25′s and even top 100 lists all over the net. So why should you care about my top 100 list?

My aim here was to make a unique list that goes beyond simply my picks and my thoughts about them. This list was carefully crafted based on my experience of well over seven hundred individual titles for both the NES and Famicom. My criteria for this list was based on three factors – Overall appeal, uniqueness, and how well each have aged.

This list will include every kind of software ever written for the hardware, whether it be NES, Famicom, unlicensed, prototype, homebrew or Hong Kong original pirate – if it was sold in some forum, it’s fair game for this list. The only type of games I have excluded are hacks of existing games. While many of these are incredible, I may at some point in the future write a separate list for these alone.

So here's part 1, #100-90. I will be continuing to work on this series with ten games per post. I hope you enjoy and discover some hidden classics you might have missed the first time around!

http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2...s-list-100-90/