Thread: Portal 2 DLC 'Peer Review' free for all platforms, available today

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Portal 2 DLC 'Peer Review' free for all platforms, available today

This is supposed to come out today. Adds more co-op and leaderboards and such. Already emailing my Portal buddy to figure out when we can play!

edit: unfortunately it doesn't seem to be up on PSN yet. People are reporting adding it to their Live queue, though (whatever that means).
    Last edited by Cornelius; 10-04-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    This is supposed to come out today. Adds more co-op and leaderboards and such. Already emailing my Portal buddy to figure out when we can play!

edit: unfortunately it doesn't seem to be up on PSN yet. People are reporting adding it to their Live queue, though (whatever that means).
    Thanks for the reminder, I forgot this was coming out this week.

The people who say they added it to their Live queue are saying they went to xbox.com independantly of their console and added it to their account so it will download automatically when they turn on their xbox. If your console is turned on, I believe it downloads right away. Its handy when you are at work. :-)
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, I forgot this was coming out this week.

The people who say they added it to their Live queue are saying they went to xbox.com independantly of their console and added it to their account so it will download automatically when they turn on their xbox. If your console is turned on, I believe it downloads right away. Its handy when you are at work. :-)
    I kinda figured it was something like that, but never have owned a 360. I guess I may have jumped the gun on this, since it doesn't seem to be available for PS3 yet. Hopefully it goes up later today. I was just super excited because while I knew DLC was coming some day, I hadn't been keeping up with it at all so this was a total surprise.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I just got it on Steam and have no idea what this does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I just got it on Steam and have no idea what this does.
    Same.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I don't know when it went live, but I'm downloading the DLC right now for PS3.

If you don't know what it is, a little googling is in order. I've read a bit about it and know that it adds some co-op levels, and that was all I need to know to get on the line with my portal buddy. We'll be hitting the new levels in the next couple of nights.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valve
    An all-new co-op adventure starring Atlas, P-Body and GLaDOS, the free DLC "Peer Review" takes place an unknown period of time after the events of Portal 2. You and your co-op science partner are once again awoken and assembled for a dangerous new mission. Did we say "dangerous"? We meant routine. Everything's fine. That slight note of terror you're hearing in GLaDOS's voice is probably just an audio calibration error. Anyway, on with your suicide mission. And when we say "suicide mission" we mean it would be suicide not to take this mission. Because it's so safe. Everything's fine.

"Peer Review" is being rolled out across all regions on Steam, Xbox LIVE and PSN as we speak. The free DLC is available to all owners of Portal 2 for download on PS3 and Xbox 360, and will be automatically downloaded via Steam on PC and Mac.

And if you're not an owner of Portal 2, don't sweat it, we've made it easier to become one: To celebrate the release of the free DLC, Portal 2 is on sale for 50% off on Steam through Thursday.
    There ya go. Source

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

So it's co-op DLC I can't use.

And the PC leaderboards are full of cheaters.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

So it's co-op DLC I can't use.

And the PC leaderboards are full of cheaters.
    Why not? Is it your internet service or something? Mine is really not that great, but it worked fine for Portal 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Why not? Is it your internet service or something? Mine is really not that great, but it worked fine for Portal 2.
    I have no friends to play it with online. Everyone I know already completed the regular co-op campaign, and this new one too. I got the game a while after it was released.

That and voice communication isn't something I can do on a house full of people. "Why are you screaming at the computer?!"

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I have no friends to play it with online. Everyone I know already completed the regular co-op campaign, and this new one too. I got the game a while after it was released.
    You could always play it with us, your present and future friends from Digital Press.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't think you actually need to know anyone to play co-op anyway, at least not for the PS3 version. I selected co-op and it just randomly partnered me with a random Steam user.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    I don't think you actually need to know anyone to play co-op anyway, at least not for the PS3 version. I selected co-op and it just randomly partnered me with a random Steam user.
    Which is a bit like having sex with a random person, you may actually have sex, but with a hairy fat guy named helmut which will give you a rash.

I tried the matchmaking a couple of times, usually it was plain annoying, but ever so often utter bullshit, with people trying to spoil the end for me etc. Once it was fine but that's a bout a one in 20 experience. I do not recommend this at all.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Which is a bit like having sex with a random person, you may actually have sex, but with a hairy fat guy named helmut which will give you a rash.

I tried the matchmaking a couple of times, usually it was plain annoying, but ever so often utter bullshit, with people trying to spoil the end for me etc. Once it was fine but that's a bout a one in 20 experience. I do not recommend this at all.
    Then again, the first and last time I did co-op via that method was when the game was released, in the few hours between getting it and the PSN going down. So, yeah, I guess it would be full of asshats by now.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Can someone explain to me why Valve can release this and some L4D DLC for free, but can't do a thing for Team Fortress 2?
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Valve can release this and some L4D DLC for free, but can't do a thing for Team Fortress 2?
    On XBox 360, the first piece of DLC can be free. The rest has to be paid.

Also, I think I read on an interview that TF2 has had so many changes to the core gameplay, lots of new textures, sounds, and animations, that it is extremely difficult for them to get everything to fit on the 360's RAM. The game has had over 4 GB of updates since it was released...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4596-9692-2482

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Well, there been new weapons and achievement packs for every class, besides that it's free now. It also got that whole item finding thing now. Why would you ask for more? Sure they could call it all DLC, but to me it all isn't. Those are free updates, DLC became a synonym for 3$ Horsearmor and such, judging by that they have a whole store full of it.

GBC:
    I played through the SP first and i'm on a PC.