Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

What's with all the bullshit hackings of video game forums recently? Can't these people get a life?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Started a FB page for anyone interested

https://www.facebook.com/PCEFX

There is also a group started on the Neo Geo forums as well
    My gaming blog retro/new...mainly TG/PCE based
    http://turbomasters.blogspot.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn, this sucks! Why would someone want to do such a thing?

Well, I hope PCEFX can be easily and quickly fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    What's with all the bullshit hackings of video game forums recently? Can't these people get a life?
    Dunno,some body all ways has a grudge towards a site then it get's hacked etc so idk.Hmm who knows how long befor pcefx is up again
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 11-14-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do we need to think about preparing for the worst and making a new dedicated PCE forum? If so what are the alternatives...are free forums like forumer.com any good or would it be best to have someone with the resources to host it for us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should have had a alternative to pcefx in place a long time ago. Aarons Ad-o-rama.com shouldn't have been the only joint in town. You cant continue to leave all that information gathered on the forum, let alone responsibility to care for it, all in one guys hands and expect it to end well. Especially when he was already contemplating getting out of it prior when he started selling games en masse.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use Ad Block plus so I never noticed

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Quote Originally Posted by sunteam_paul View Post
    I use Ad Block plus so I never noticed

Insert Coin (Level 0) Windancer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Guys its me Windy. I have a couple ideas to get us all back up and runnin. SunTeam_Paul I think you have the premier website for PCE/TG16 if you put up a messageboard and shoutbox a bunch of great recources would be right at our fingertips. The switch would be minimal if your interested in this. Also this could be done at The Brothers DuoMazov if They were interested in hosting such a site. I have put up a temporary shoutbox at the hupack come on over and chat with us http://hupack.blogspot.com/

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

PC-Engine Hell, what are you even talking about? You seem disproportionately upset over the simple fact of a website having ads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    PC-Engine Hell, what are you even talking about? You seem disproportionately upset over the simple fact of a website having ads.
    Yeah I only ever noticed a few banner ads - I didn't think it was a big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherGunner View Post
    Well this sucked today... and I have a Sapphire raffle to complete. Lost all entrants... =/
    Dude that sucks. I was going to win a Sapphire repro. I could just feel it!
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 11-14-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Thats actually a small matter, and no, I'm not irked about it, its just stupid to think the guy needs donations to keep the place going, because he doesn't, and you are all ignoring the obvious if you think he does. Aaron has been disengaged from that forum since the last Bush was in office, and he has done little to update his website with any new content. He clearly doesn't care about maintaining the forum anymore, other then if it brings him some kind of steady revenue, if even then.

He tried to hint at getting out of it all before he started his game sales, but evidently all that hinting fell on mostly deaf ears. Its not like he owes anyone anything, and he shouldn't be pressured, maneuvered, or guilted into keeping it going. It would probably be best to leave him alone, let him get out gracefully, and get a new forum or two started on your own. Communities don't die when the mayors term is up, they get a new mayor. In your case, get a new forum most of you can agree on.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn! I just got a slightly-broken PC Engine DUO - I was going to be using their info to troubleshoot it...

Does anyone have the full capacitor replacement chart (I believe there was a picture with a list?) for Turbo-Duo/PC Engine Duo around?
    It's troubling to lose this kind of information.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    Thats actually a small matter, and no, I'm not irked about it, its just stupid to think the guy needs donations to keep the place going, because he doesn't, and you are all ignoring the obvious if you think he does. Aaron has been disengaged from that forum since the last Bush was in office, and he has done little to update his website with any new content. He clearly doesn't care about maintaining the forum anymore, other then if it brings him some kind of steady revenue, if even then.

He tried to hint at getting out of it all before he started his game sales, but evidently all that hinting fell on mostly deaf ears. Its not like he owes anyone anything, and he shouldn't be pressured, maneuvered, or guilted into keeping it going. It would probably be best to leave him alone, let him get out gracefully, and get a new forum or two started on your own. Communities don't die when the mayors term is up, they get a new mayor. In your case, get a new forum most of you can agree on.
    First of all, he's not exactly rolling in dough just because there's some ads on his site. Believe it or not, ads don't necessarily bring in money. Also, isn't nectarsis awfully close to the site's owner? I'm sure he wouldn't come here and ask for donations if there was reason to believe nothing would come out of it.

And it doesn't surprise me that he's done little updating--its a forum/website dedicated to systems over a decade old! Except for announcing something new in the indie scene there might not be much to say.

Really, this all sounds like speculation on your part, and you seem to really dislike PC Engine FX for some reason.