Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pcenginefx.com forums down?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

PC-Engine Hell, what are you even talking about? You seem disproportionately upset over the simple fact of a website having ads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    PC-Engine Hell, what are you even talking about? You seem disproportionately upset over the simple fact of a website having ads.
    Yeah I only ever noticed a few banner ads - I didn't think it was a big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherGunner View Post
    Well this sucked today... and I have a Sapphire raffle to complete. Lost all entrants... =/
    Dude that sucks. I was going to win a Sapphire repro. I could just feel it!
    Last edited by c0ldb33r; 11-14-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    vertigoprocess

Quote Originally Posted by sunteam_paul View Post
    I use Ad Block plus so I never noticed

Insert Coin (Level 0) Windancer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Guys its me Windy. I have a couple ideas to get us all back up and runnin. SunTeam_Paul I think you have the premier website for PCE/TG16 if you put up a messageboard and shoutbox a bunch of great recources would be right at our fingertips. The switch would be minimal if your interested in this. Also this could be done at The Brothers DuoMazov if They were interested in hosting such a site. I have put up a temporary shoutbox at the hupack come on over and chat with us http://hupack.blogspot.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I'm so bummed about that. Let me know if there's any I can do to help get something up and running again!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While the pcenginefx.com forums are down, there is a danger of everyone splintering up and drifting off to different places. There's a Facebook group, but not everyone is on Facebook.

Here is a temporary emergency forum for people to post and follow any updates on the PCEFX.com forum news.

http://pcengine.freeforums.org

For all we know it could be back up in a week, or it might never come back up, but if we can centralise the information somewhere so everyone can keep informed then if the worst happens, we can all rebuild as a community together.

Please spread the link to anyone you know who is a pcefx.com forum user so they know where to find everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be nice to have pcefx post a link to such a place on the main page or the forum url until it's back up so lingering members aren't left in the dark about where to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is there any way to try to backup the web cache versions of the site? I only ask because there was a lot of good technical information on the forums that would be terrible to lose.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Elabit told me some of you guys were on here so I figured I'd join as well since there is no way of knowing when it will come back. I really hope it comes back soon just the way it was with nothing lost, I was really starting to like the site in my so far short time as a member and was definitely enjoying the chat box feature. Nice to see some familiar names here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate to say it but if it doesnt come back up alot of good info is going down the toilet. Then all of whats happening will take a rebuilding effort from all the current and future members. Hopefully it comes back up and thats, that. So I for one will hope for the best that PCEFX will come back up but a couple options have already been put in place by current members:
    http://hupack.blogspot.com/
    http://pcengine.freeforums.org/index.php
    Check them out and we can all meet in 1 spot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Checking in as well, glad to see that there's some information going around about everything.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://web.archive.org/web/201107200...013cf472caf82&

July 20th but maybe there's something there you need. Unfortunately, it only archived the topics.
    Last edited by M1Savage; 11-14-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Thats actually a small matter, and no, I'm not irked about it, its just stupid to think the guy needs donations to keep the place going, because he doesn't, and you are all ignoring the obvious if you think he does. Aaron has been disengaged from that forum since the last Bush was in office, and he has done little to update his website with any new content. He clearly doesn't care about maintaining the forum anymore, other then if it brings him some kind of steady revenue, if even then.

He tried to hint at getting out of it all before he started his game sales, but evidently all that hinting fell on mostly deaf ears. Its not like he owes anyone anything, and he shouldn't be pressured, maneuvered, or guilted into keeping it going. It would probably be best to leave him alone, let him get out gracefully, and get a new forum or two started on your own. Communities don't die when the mayors term is up, they get a new mayor. In your case, get a new forum most of you can agree on.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn! I just got a slightly-broken PC Engine DUO - I was going to be using their info to troubleshoot it...

Does anyone have the full capacitor replacement chart (I believe there was a picture with a list?) for Turbo-Duo/PC Engine Duo around?
    It's troubling to lose this kind of information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should contact chops/jetblue. If hes not on here, then he can be located on the Neo forums Im sure.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burn_654 View Post
    Damn! I just got a slightly-broken PC Engine DUO - I was going to be using their info to troubleshoot it...

Does anyone have the full capacitor replacement chart (I believe there was a picture with a list?) for Turbo-Duo/PC Engine Duo around?
    It's troubling to lose this kind of information.
    BlueBMW might also be able to help, he posted in the first page of this thread.

By the way PC-Engine Hell love the avatar. Hardware is such an awesome movie, I've been meaning to buy a copy of it for a very long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sunteam_paul View Post
    While the pcenginefx.com forums are down, there is a danger of everyone splintering up and drifting off to different places. There's a Facebook group, but not everyone is on Facebook.

Here is a temporary emergency forum for people to post and follow any updates on the PCEFX.com forum news.

http://pcengine.freeforums.org

For all we know it could be back up in a week, or it might never come back up, but if we can centralise the information somewhere so everyone can keep informed then if the worst happens, we can all rebuild as a community together.

Please spread the link to anyone you know who is a pcefx.com forum user so they know where to find everyone.
    This is the place guys come on By Paul has done a superb job of making everyone feel right at home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buy the german Hardware dvd. Its uncut and has english audio. The official US dvd release is a forced widescreen release, cropping off the vertical sides of the film. The movie was originally a 4:3 ratio film.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    Thats actually a small matter, and no, I'm not irked about it, its just stupid to think the guy needs donations to keep the place going, because he doesn't, and you are all ignoring the obvious if you think he does. Aaron has been disengaged from that forum since the last Bush was in office, and he has done little to update his website with any new content. He clearly doesn't care about maintaining the forum anymore, other then if it brings him some kind of steady revenue, if even then.

He tried to hint at getting out of it all before he started his game sales, but evidently all that hinting fell on mostly deaf ears. Its not like he owes anyone anything, and he shouldn't be pressured, maneuvered, or guilted into keeping it going. It would probably be best to leave him alone, let him get out gracefully, and get a new forum or two started on your own. Communities don't die when the mayors term is up, they get a new mayor. In your case, get a new forum most of you can agree on.
    First of all, he's not exactly rolling in dough just because there's some ads on his site. Believe it or not, ads don't necessarily bring in money. Also, isn't nectarsis awfully close to the site's owner? I'm sure he wouldn't come here and ask for donations if there was reason to believe nothing would come out of it.

And it doesn't surprise me that he's done little updating--its a forum/website dedicated to systems over a decade old! Except for announcing something new in the indie scene there might not be much to say.

Really, this all sounds like speculation on your part, and you seem to really dislike PC Engine FX for some reason.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
    This is the place guys come on By Paul has done a superb job of making everyone feel right at home
    Just joined.

Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    Buy the german Hardware dvd. Its uncut and has english audio. The official US dvd release is a forced widescreen release, cropping off the vertical sides of the film. The movie was originally a 4:3 ratio film.
    Don't mean to derail this thread but just got to ask. What was cut from the US release? And how strange that the German release had english audio. haha Where can I find the German version? Its hard enough finding the english one anywhere but amazon.