My parents have always harbored a strong distaste for video-gaming, so there are no winter holiday game-gift memories, except one.

My brother saved up a ton of money from his newspaper route and ordered an Atari 5200 from Sears. I'm not sure if it was a pre-order or what. The memory is vague because I wasn't particularly interested in my brother's affairs.

He and my Dad were in a tizzy about something or other, like my brother was feverish, and my Dad was annoyed. We loaded up the station wagon and went to Sears to get something (of which I did not, or could not understand). The line at the Sears Customer Pick-Up counter was congested, being just a few days before the winter festival of consumption, and I remember being super hot bundled up in my winter clothing.

There was tenseness in the car on the way home. I think my brother was trying to open/unpack that huge box, and my dad was ready to beat our asses.
The next memory I have is of playing Super Breakout, and having to fight for next turn. My life was forever altered.