Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do any of the new portables allow for "PERFECT" emulation of the SNES ?

currently playing: Resident Evil 4

Have you played Metroid 4: Fusion for GameBoy Advanced? It's pretty close to what I'd expect from SNES, and Zelda: Minish Cap is just as good graphic wise as 'A Link to the Past'.
    Last edited by algol291; 02-04-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Yeah, you can, but I don't want to play it "pillar boxed". I guess, I wouldn't mind it if I had a special skin thing for the PSP that would keep those side bars completely hidden. The side black bars are distracting. I'd rather play it in a stretched out mode, which most think is even more horrible. For me, I hate pillarboxing, so I'd rather zoom it out.

Man, I wish somebody would make a handheld with a nice sized 4:3 screen, good contrast, good viewing angles, and some comfortable buttons and a D-Pad very much like a Saturn D-Pad. With enough power to run a SNES emulator at a decent level, although I'd be willing to settle for really good PC Engine and Megadrive emulation.
    Well, I guess we'll see how long it takes for the Vita to get hacked (though it won't be a 4:3 screen) and emulators to start popping up. I've got one pre-ordered with my corporate card...the benefits of working for Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Yeah, you can, but I don't want to play it "pillar boxed". I guess, I wouldn't mind it if I had a special skin thing for the PSP that would keep those side bars completely hidden. The side black bars are distracting. I'd rather play it in a stretched out mode, which most think is even more horrible. For me, I hate pillarboxing, so I'd rather zoom it out.
    I can't say I feel the same. I don't find windowboxed mode distracting at all, especially if the system itself is black.
    Maybe you could set up some sort of Super Gameboy type borders or something.
    Man, I wish somebody would make a handheld with a nice sized 4:3 screen, good contrast, good viewing angles, and some comfortable buttons and a D-Pad very much like a Saturn D-Pad. With enough power to run a SNES emulator at a decent level, although I'd be willing to settle for really good PC Engine and Megadrive emulation.
    That would be nice, yes.