Thread: Twisted metal ps3 demo, way to hard with shabby controls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I actually did buy a PS3 for just this game ($225 used 160 slim bundle off eBay). So I'm definitely a Twisted Metal diehard if I basically dropped $300 just to play it. Started playing it over the weekend and it's just what I'd expect from this franchise.

Single player is short, but tough. I'm on the last stage now and I'm sure I'll beat it in a day or two. It made me die enough times where I turned it off last night and I'll try today. Not controller-breaking hard, just enough to annoy you and require a very nice run to beat it.

Combat is VERY fast paced and intense. The charge and release weapons add a new element to gameplay. Cars are pretty diverse, but the specials are a bit generic (multiple cars with "chain gun"). Doesn't detract much from the overall feel though, and is probably needed to create balance.

I'll get to try out multi soon enough, but I'm excited about it. I also agree the maps are pretty phenomenal and have great layouts.

I also am a fan of the "Mario Kart" style races. Instead of just deathmatch, some of the levels require racing and shooting all along the way. Definitely a first for Twisted Metal, but it feels just right.

If you are only playing single player though, definitely wait for a price drop. Probably 10-15 hours of single player content, then the rest would be multiplayer.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also bought a ps3 for this game, I grabbed it on black Friday. I would give it a 9 out of 10. It feels like they picked up right where tm 2 left off. Huge destructible environments, crazy combat and lots of sick humor. Love the strategy of it, trying to gather as many weapons as possible then hauling ass and blowing the shit out of everyone. I like that you can now choose 3 cars per level and run to the garage and grab a different one when yours is about to blow. It’s also nice that this lets you utilize different cars specials in one level. Having each car have an alternate version of his special is cool two. I personally love sweet tooth transforming and throwing his robot head at people.

The games got a few bugs but David Jaffee has been posting updates on twitter and youtube. There’s a patch going out today or tomorrow that should fix most stuff. The only downside to the game is the graphics aren’t as great as I hoped but I can see why when you have giant destructible levels and 16 player online games. The story mode could have been longer two but both of these things are nitpicking. Twisted metal is fucking awesome.

I got my hands on two of those big promo display boxes that they use at GameStop to advertise their game. I also designed these two cars.