Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Exclamation NAVA Gamer's Gathering, February 25th: "Misery Loves Company"

NAVA = North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados. This is a FREE event bringing gamers together for competition, trading, and chatter.

Previously at NAVA...
    - In January's "Robot Reboot", we fired up all kinds of robot-related games around the store.
    - One of the longest marathon tournaments in NAVA history, the 3-hour "Random Robot Retro" tournament was toughed out and conquered by local hero Stephanie.
    - Sales Manager Mike's predictions that he would win both the "Random Robot Retro" tournament and the "Robby Roto" high score contest both failed. However, his predictions that Kelly and Chelsea would not attend were both correct.
    - John Harvey let us all try out his alpha version of a brand new Atari 7800 game.
    - A "Puff Daddy" N64 game was found in our bargain bin.
    - Games and systems traded hands between attendees who brought their own trade boxes.

Pictures tell it best!
    http://www.digitpress.com/images/store/

This month: Well, here's the good news. We will have a CD-i, a 3DO and an Atari Jaguar hooked up. The bad news: we're not going to have any of the decent games for them out. Instead, we are going to spend the day confirming or debunking some of the worst games of all time. Are you enough of a Zelda fan to get through the CD-i "Wand of Gamelon"? Will your fighting game skills get you through "Shadow: War of Succession" on 3DO? Do you dare get behind the wheel of Jaguar's "Club Drive"? Let's see just how much of a gamer you are when put in front of a horde of games you probably wouldn't DARE buy.

Arcade challenge! I'm honoring another Mike request. Mike says one of the worst arcade games ever made was Century's 1982 platformer "Logger", a blatant Donkey Kong rip-off. I don't remember it being that bad but I must say that after firing it up on MAME earlier today it certainly is the suck. So, let's see who can best this beast. Be the best at the game on this one day by logging the highest score on our arcade cabinet by 8pm and win a nifty $20 gift certificate as well as have your name added to the "House Champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame just above the arcade section of the store. Arcade challenge games are set to FREE PLAY all day. Get your practicing in now!

Remember to get your trade boxes in order and wear your NAVA t-shirt (or get one) for the maximum discount on store purchases... it's NAVA time!

RSVP (optional): http://www.facebook.com/digitpress#!...ress?sk=events
    When: Saturday, February 25th, 3pm to midnight.
    Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/yscakm
    What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
    What can I bring?: It's nice to share. Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

VITA EARLY ADOPTERS - BRING YOUR SYSTEM(s)!!!

Lets have some multiplayer fun where applicable!
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I had a great excuse to make the trek from Cleveland and had some fun. Thanks again, Joe.