Thread: Here we go again...another game recession coming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nothing to see here, move along.

Gaming as a whole has really never been stronger globally and in North America. Just 'cause systems better suited for another age (3DS/PSVita) aren't selling as well doesn't mean a thing in terms of the overall health of games. The same can be said for just about every other point you made.

There's so much more going on beyond the traditional industry and it's really exciting in some ways. But it's a shame about the Vita considering it's the nicest piece of gaming tech I've ever held outside a Japanese Saturn controller.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Recession/collapse - absolutely not
    Constant industry transformation - absolutely yes

When the collapse happened in the 80's, there were two main ways to game. You played games on your TV through some box that had some wires on it and a stick, dial or buttons that you pressed in your hand or you went to an arcade to pump quarters into a machine the size of your refrigerator. Now with so many games in so many different places with so many interfaces, it's just a matter of which experience the customers want now.

The way we think about games is constantly evolving and the companies that comprise the game development market will follow because they have to in order to remain profitable.