This is not another doom and gloom discussion that points out that people are going to stop playing videogames. The question I want to ask is: Are we currently entering another game recession? It seems that everything now can have a videogame made for it. Heck, even our cell phones have amazing games these days. Sequels are being pumped out faster than ever. I for one see a growing trend that will continue to lower game sales for the forseeable future

1. Too many sequels. I have been saying this for years, but at some point, people get tired of playing the same type of game

2. Newer games not as fun as older ones. Sound familiar? I cant tell you how many times I picked up a recent game only to find myself going back to the orginal due to be either easier to play or more fun.

3. Fewer hardware sales. This generation is slowing down, and the portable market has a potentially smaller market in the future(3DS, VITA)

4. More people are just not buying new. The amount of games being played is the same or more, but many folks are now going to just play something old, something really old, or just catch up on previous games that have not been played.

So what do you folks think? Are we headed for a game recession, or are we just fine?