Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Buy Vita BS

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    GameStop's got the Buy 2 Get 1 as well starting Sunday. - New Vita games. Weee!
    Note GameStop's is first party games only.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Ahhhh, an interesting kick in the pants by retailers to my plan of going all-digital in this Sony portable generation.

Well Target it looks like you have my software money this week!
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    The sku for the Early Edition bundle was probably not in the system when you preordered. This happened to me at Gamestop, except that I caught it in time. They did not inform me, though they may have in store if I did not beat them to it.

I imagine they would not have upgraded you to the more expensive Early Edition automatically since it cost more. They probably did not appreciate your eagerness for gaining the console one day one. Non-gamers are often callous and non-understanding like this.
    I'm a lifelong gamer, and I'M callous and non-understanding of the whole 'I can't wait a second longer than I need to' mentality of gamers over the age of 10. I'm not knocking anyone for being passionate (or obsessive), I'm just saying that I honestly don't understand the emphasis on immediacy. I know people who literally refuse to play a game they're never played before if it's more than 3 months old. I use to think that this was an isolated thing, but I hear and see more and more of it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    And I'm not preordering a console from them ever again.
    Unless there is some worthwhile bonus swag, is there really a reason to pre-order systems and games at all? I'm not suggesting there's none, I'm honestly asking if you find that these things are difficult to acquire if you don't pre-order them, or if the benefit of having it all squared away when you go to get it is worth the risk of there being some dramatic bullshit like what you had to go through with this. I've heard literally hundreds of stories on forums over the years of people pre-ordering and prepaying in full and having retailers sell their copies anyway. It's almost never hard to find a copy of whatever it was at another location, but you have to go through the trouble of getting a refund (if they let you).

The whole pre-order thing is really lost on me. People don't do it for anything else that I know of (at least not to the extent). Movies, books, music, etc.. Why so with games?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I'm sorry, but how exactly did they "find" you a unit? The item you preordered doesn't release until Tuesday the 22nd and while a store may have it, I doubt they can physically release it to you as it is street date locked. The one you are complaining about is $50 more and released on the 15th of this week. Are you going to pay the difference to purchase what IMHO is a worse and more expensive bundle? Why not just wait the three days and save the $50 and get the larger memory card and not be forced to buy what many people I have seen review consider to be the worst of the launch titles (Little Deviants)?
    I'm sort of on the same page.

Seriously? You should be embarassed, not bragging. Returning an opened game that you didn't like is not within any store's policy, nor is returning a copy of Win95 that your system wasn't capable of running. The items weren't defective, you just didn't do a little bit of homework to figure out if what you were buying was right for you. As a consumer you have to take some responsibility for not being a complete moron. While Best Buy and other stores can be very inflexible and I have had my share of issues with their policies, it makes me sick to see some of the abusive things consumers try to get away with when the store is in no way responsible. It also raises prices for all of us as the stores aren't taking the losses and not passing them on to consumers.
    I think it's extreme to say that he/she has "NO respect" for those who work in retail. Some of the products he mentioned have manufacturer's return policies if I understand it correctly, and I certainly understand why someone would want to return a terrible game that they paid upwards of $70 for, especially in the 90s. Walmart has (or had) a policy about returns where as there/were certain types that you can only do so many times per year. There could be something similar in place to prevent people from use their outlet as a free game rental service.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    So, in a nutshell, you're pissed off because the thing you ordered is being shipped on the date that it is supposed to launch, rather than getting shipped to you extra early for no good reason?
    Why do you care if someone who bought the crappier bundle has theirs already?
    What the hell does it have to do with you?
    Again, I feel this way. But I admit, I don't understand the gotta have it ASAP mentality. It reminds me of something that mainly young children do. I have a friend who's youngest child always wants something if his older sister has it. It's not that he's even that jazzed about whatever it is, he just doesn't like the idea of her having something he doesn't have, or doesn't have yet.

There's no reason for retailers to be rude to customers, I'm not excusing that in any way, but I really don't get the foaming mouth fervor of some people when it comes to needing a new game or system on day one.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

@emperor megas: I don't really get the "must have it on day one mentality either.". I was just butthurt because I put money down for it and the deal was not totally honored. And the response I got from them when I brought it to their attention was atrocious.

But yeah, GameStop shreds and tosses strategy guides for games that are only 6 months old. That's silly to me but there must be enough people out there who think a 3 month old game is obsolete that the chances of them selling those to a mainstream audience are pretty low. I think we're in the minority, sadly.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Do people really buy satellite service from some random rep that walks up to them?
    It works for scalpers and drug dealers. It's not like Best Buy has better standards, they just want money any way they can get it.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    Get you money back

Then

Take a picture of you buying your system at a competitor attach reason why and

Send that in an envelope to the District Manager of Best Buy
    Even better, submit the photo and story to the major online video game news outlets.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
    i was able to get my first ed bundle from frys electronics, everybody else was sold out (a fact gamestop loved telling me, i shouldve preordered), i on a whim called frys electronics the day after it was released and talked to a rep who told me to order it on their site but select the pick up at store option. ten minutes later and a email letting me know it was ready for pickup, i was on my way to my precious. they had 3 others left.
    Fry's is the best electronics store out there. I rarely buy anything from Best Buy, because their prices are too high, the product selection is pretty limited, and their customer service pales in comparison.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    I have trouble believing this is true. It is usually written in statute that "legal tender" must be accepted. In Canada, the statute goes so far as to state the limits on each coin type after which you can refuse. For example, if someone tried to pay their $100 electric bill with dimes.
    Legal tender for all DEBTS. Buying a DVD is not a debt. This is why stores are allowed to refuse to accept hundred dollar bills.

That said, I've never seen this bit of "no cash" nonsense at any Best Buy I've ever been to. I always pay cash everywhere except when buying online.