Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great news JRPG fans! The Last Story is coming to NA this year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Default Great news JRPG fans! The Last Story is coming to NA this year!

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I'm happy it's coming out you don't think they could have told us a bit earlier than 2 days before the EU launch?

Those of us who've already ordered copies from overseas are just getting kicked in the balls because Nintendo loves shitting on their customers like this.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    While I'm happy it's coming out you don't think they could have told us a bit earlier than 2 days before the EU launch?

Those of us who've already ordered copies from overseas are just getting kicked in the balls because Nintendo loves shitting on their customers like this.
    Most of Nintendo's (or SONY's or Microsoft's) customers don't order games from overseas, or even know anything about what games are even released in other regions. I consider myself a pretty seasoned gamer and I don't know anything about The Last Story. I'm sure those who game less than me are even less knowledgeable of it.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post

I will agree with the post above...while I already own the Japanese version, you need to remember that casual gamers far outnumber hardcore gamers now, and you would probably fall in a very small percentile of people who pre-ordered an import copy. I wouldn't say this is nintendo shitting on its fans. I'm just surprised it won't be out until AFTER the WII-U launch..or the supposed launch anyways.
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genesaturn View Post
    I will agree with the post above...while I already own the Japanese version, you need to remember that casual gamers far outnumber hardcore gamers now, and you would probably fall in a very small percentile of people who pre-ordered an import copy. I wouldn't say this is nintendo shitting on its fans. I'm just surprised it won't be out until AFTER the WII-U launch..or the supposed launch anyways.
    Summer 2012, that's only four months away. I don't think the Wii U is launching until Fall at the earliest given the wide open window Nintendo cited in their last conference.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

This is good news, another game on my "pick-up" list. I doubt it but I hope we get a special edition similar to what the european have, that steel book artwork is pretty nice.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Well I have my PAL LS LE shipping on Friday, I imported XB and will be getting the US version. I just pre ordered Pandoras Tower PAL and will get the US version of TLS

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Game Tape Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jack Crow 2004
    PSN
    JackCrow2004

Very glad that I waited. Nintendo is really taking care of its fans with this one.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Awesome looks like Operation Rainfall was a great success Now if only they would localize Fatal Frame IV......

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Quote Originally Posted by Duke.Togo View Post
    Very glad that I waited. Nintendo is really taking care of its fans with this one.
    Not Nintendo. Xseed.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Not Nintendo. Xseed.

Actually, Reggie said Xseed is their publishing partner. So, I think they're working together to release TLS over here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Not Nintendo. Xseed.
    Truth. XSEED is a phenomenal company and I doubt Nintendo even cares about this section of their fanbase anymore.

I know I may sound really bitter in that earlier post, but all the jerking around that Nintendo has been doing with these really sought after releases (at least to me and other people who enjoy JRPGs) makes me very wary of purchasing the Wii U at all.

I've more to say buy I don't think I can put them into words eloquently enough without coming off as a flaming internet retard.*

*In before "Too late, dur hur"

Insert Coin (Level 0) Junkyrdsalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Junkyrdsalesman

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Actually, Reggie said Xseed is their publishing partner. So, I think they're working together to release TLS over here.
    He probably just said that to make it look like it was Nintendo that did a lot of the work, I bet the only association Nintendo has with it is the licensing. Don't quote me on that though, it's just a theory with no backing Thanks Xseed for exceeding our expectations and picking up some slack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Great to hear that a few gems are still coming out on the Wii. Will be buying this game day one!
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

While The Last Story looks like a well produced game, the videos of gameplay makes me feel like it really isn't for me.

Europeans learned today that they're going to get the Fatal Frame 2 remake. While Fatal Frame IV shamefully remains a Japanese exclusive, at least they're getting the next game.

If NOA had wanted to please me, we'd of gotten the same courtesy along with the long awaited translation and domestic release of Fatal Frame IV.

All American fans get is a 3DS spinoff.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 02-24-2012 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

About damn time,i did have plans to import the european version.Still i'll give credit to xseed games for having a deal with noa to do this.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    All American fans get is a 3DS spinoff.
    I'm shocked we're getting Fatal Frame 3DS so quickly (3 months after JPN street date, in fact). XSeed publishing TLS along side Nintendo is a huge step that they're maaaaaaaybe willing to do a new partnership, one in which 3rd party publishers (i.e. Atlus, XSeed, etc.) launching a great selection of "not-so-mainstream" titles Nintendo fans want without the huge overhead to strain Nintendo's resources. It's a win-win situation I think many gamers were begging Iwata and company to do for some years now.

Then again, they have a new system coming and probably wanting to sweeten the pot to nudge us into boosting WiiU's first year sales. Heh heh. Either way, I look at it as a real golden opportunity for fans to blow away the numbers and prove to the corporate heads that the dedicated base is a strong, vibrant market hungry for great, killer games and not to be seriously overlooked. We've already proven it with Catherine, Muramasa, and Demon/Dark Souls. If we play our cards right, Fatal Frame 4/Fatal Frame 2 Remake/Reginliev/Captain Rainbow/Trace Memory R/Rodea the Sky Soldier/Earth Seeker/etc. could be in play for Christmas 2012 and beyond that. So, get your wallet ready, this year's too important to pass up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Problem is it's crippled from the start.

One of the big games will be a GameStop exclusive (And be sold via Nintendo's online store) and a healthy percentage of those interested in it, judging by forums, have imported or pirated the European release and have already been playing it on their North American Wii for months. And the other release won't even be published by Nintendo. Most gamers have no clue who XSEED is and I really doubt XSEED will be able to invest the resources into this necessary to attract attention beyond the niche that have been following this game for quite sometime (Which isn't likely to be a large enough segment to suddenly attract Nintendo's attention to get them to take risks on things like Fatal Frame).

If either one of these manages to sell in halfway decent numbers, I'll be pleasantly shocked. It will take a small miracle for these two games to sell well with what amounts to tying their hands before release. Hoping to be proven wrong and they sell well and cause Nintendo to do some revaluating like you suggested.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 02-24-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Problem is it's crippled from the start.
    Hey, don't sell the base so short. When we want something we sink our teeth into it.

A) Look at our track record. Muramasa sold 300K on Wii in the USA alone. Ditto for the Sexually moral (or amoral) demon cubefest of Catherine. And let's not forget the dark horse of this generation: Demon's Souls, the one Sony didn't bother to get over, which got a 2nd year extension of online support. and selling over a million worldwide today along with its successor.

B) The presence and coverage on Operation Rainfall is nothing to sneeze about (e.g. Screwattack, Moviebob, Kotaku, 1UP, etc.). You have to be living under a rock, if you call yourself a game enthusiast and never heard of Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story or Pandora's Tower.

C) When was the last time, if ever, a game underwent localization via internet activism? An interesting socio-economic experiment to say the least and, like I said, could be a critical turning point in relations regarding developers and their base in a way that Nintendo could be the epicenter to shake up the status quo...again.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    C) When was the last time, if ever, a game underwent localization via internet activism?
    Last I remember was Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Before that it was probably Final Fantasy IV/Chrono Trigger for the PlayStation about ten years earlier.