Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
I think all of us get it. The problem is that beyond the fact that they didn't treat you with respect which everyone can agree is accurate, your expectations are unrealistic. Big box retailers aren't designed to be full service operations that follow-up constantly. Moreover, you admitted that you may have deleted or ignored the e-mails they did send you. That's how big box retailers communicate and personally, I prefer it because I get to decide if I open it or not rather than having someone calling me or otherwise harassing me.

I get that not everyone can keep up on every video game news story, but it seems like you're on here posting quite a bit, so you obviously have some free time. Similarly, it seems like you are pretty obsessed with having the Vita on day one which just seems bizarre. Is your life really being negatively impacted by waiting seven days to play a video game system? The system has been out in Japan for months, does it upset you that people imported it and have had it for months longer than you have?

Pre-ordering is not a concierge service no matter where you place that pre-order. All it means is that if everything goes according to plan, the day the system is released, you can walk in, pay the balance and walk out with your Vita. If next Wednesday you walk in to Best Buy and they don't have your Vita for you, then you should be upset. As it stands, you haven't lost anything and frankly, you're getting a free memory card that you weren't even going to get when you agreed to preorder the Vita. So, maybe it's time to not stress so much about it and take a step back and wonder why not having a Vita a week early is such a big deal in your mind. Perhaps it's also time to speak to a colleague who can help you manage what seems to be a very unhealthy sense of entitlement and obsession with something so trivial.
Thanks for the concern, but really, I was over it yesterday.

Trouble is, I made that post when I was mad (maybe not the greatest idea, admittedly). When people are mad, all sense of logic and fairness goes out the window, and their sense of entitlement goes through the roof. So, I posted that, played some Gauntlet 4 and went to bed. Now I accept it.

The thing about these threads is that everybody's looking at the OP and commenting on it, so I find myself having to continually defend how I felt when I was mad about it (again, admittedly not the greatest idea.) There's just no defending a psychotically angry, irrational person (ie--me 2 nights ago).

I think the situation had a very personal resonance with me because I work in a place where angry people (specifically, incarcerated persons) demand narcotics from me several times a day. The way we deal with that is not unlike the way Best Buy dealt with me. The difference is, I wasn't a criminal askig for something I wasn't entitled to have. I was a paying customer wondering why I didn't get what I thought I was getting. I felt a bit betrayed, and when I attempted to pursue the issue, they were rude and unhelpful. I maybe don't deserve a Vita for this, but an apology would be appropriate.

So, what did I learn from this?
1) Let the dust settle before you go posting on DP
2) Best Buy sees you as a mindless husk with a wallet, and any expectation that they would guide you reasonably through a purchase is foolish
3) Don't preorder stuff from them. They mess it up regularly (as other posters on this thread will attest).

I humbly apologize to the DP community for spraying my emotional BS on this thread. I just hope you guys understand--I felt a bit betrayed and I was upset. I don't' want ya'll to think I'm an over-entitled douchebag.