I've discovered that if you order/preorder the item online from Best Buy the physical store that is supposed to be holding your copies cares nothing for you. The only reason I can think of is that they must consider you some sort of parasite for buying from Best Buy, but not giving the store the sales count/money directly.

Not to turn this into a a Best Buy Bitch thread, but let me relate my story of when I preordered the Skyward Sword Special Edition bundle from Best Buy a good couple months in advance when they has plenty of them and were still accepting preorders. I go in the day of release to pick it up and they inform me they have no copies in stock, I relate that there should be at least one since I paid for my copy in full 3 months ago. They hemmed and hawwed for a good 15 minutes looking for it until they finally found a copy, but refused to give me the $10 gift card for buying the game that was clearly advertised in the Sunday flyer. Eventually I was able to get my copy and my $10 gift card, but they never went out of their way to help unless I really started pushing.

Contrast that with when my wife pre-ordered FFXIII-2 from them at the exact same store. Day of release we walked in, picked up the copy, and walked out in like 5 minutes total.