Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
Most games don't warrant a 60 dollar purchase price and I've been burned far too many times to take a chance on every game that peaks my interest. I'm not really sure why publishers haven't either figured that out yet or still deny this but for me at least, its largely why I go to the used market for relatively recent releases. I'm not really sure why publishers haven't either figured that out yet or still deny this but for me at least, its largely why I go to the used market for relatively recent releases.
I always bring up the example of Wanted. It's a 5-7 hour game(at best) with no multiplayer and no real incentive to play thru a second time unless you are achievement hunting. Why the hell did they charge $60 for that? That was rhetorical but regardless of how many years a game took to make or how many people worked on it that need to be paid, all games are not AAA games and do not deserve a $60 price tag. Wanted and atleast 40% of everything else released this gen shouldn't have been priced that high. And to your other point, developers actually do know this but none of them want to be the first to say "we are only charging $30 for our new release game because it's a single-player-only less than 7 hour experience with no real reason to ever replay it".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
It could worse: they could be talking about a console that only supports digital downloads.
I think the PSPGo drove that bus to a complete stop.....atleast for the immediate future.