Thread: Klax - One Million on One Credit - ACHIEVED!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Klax - One Million on One Credit - ACHIEVED!

UPDATE - 1,000,000 point single credit threshold achieved!

I finally cracked it, finishing with a single credit score of 1,005,755 points. Video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifMrDactR1o

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I've had my Klax machine for just a few days over three years now and it still gets constant play and provides a fresh challenge. Last year I finally forced my way through all 100 waves, continuing of course. I had gotten up in the high 90's prior to then but I was actually hallucinating at the machine and gave it a rest. A week later I made another run and that's when I completed the 100th wave.

After that I set my goal to make one million points on a single credit. Klax keeps track of single credit and continued games on separate score boards - which is really how all the "modern" games should have handled it. Yesterday I ALMOST achieved that goal and had the camera running as I was explaining some advanced strategy.

High score records for MAME are outrageous (and a few I'd seriously question) but it seems no one is shooting for scores on actual hardware. While I'm not in a race to have the privilege of purchasing a paper certificate with my score on it, I am trying to set myself in the upper bracket of Klax players.

Anyway, the score - 987,815. Video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84GcCwG9nAo

I made one REALLY stupid mistake near the end of Wave 56 that cost me my second drop. Who knows, that extra drop could have given me the breathing room to hit one million.

Anyone else have some screaming Klax scores?
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 03-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Those are some epic Klax skills Dave.

I don't have any Klax high scores of note at the moment but I do tip my 90's neon cycling cap to you.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Those are some epic Klax skills Dave.

I don't have any Klax high scores of note at the moment but I do tip my 90's neon cycling cap to you.
    I actually used to have a neon green and yellow cap from a local arcade that long since has closed (how surprising). I wish I still had the damn thing.

First post updated, the million point single credit threshold has been cracked. MUCH better video this time since I rigged up a special mount for shooting the screen.