Thread: Jump Bug

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Jump Bug

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/vgm/2891941272.html

Good deal? I don't have any arcade games and the machine seems to be in good enough condition.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm far from an expert, but if I had the space and the money, and it was as good in person as it appears, I'd pick it up -- I'm not sure about actual rarity, but I don't think the Rock-Ola stuff is as common as Atari, Midway, etc.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slapdash View Post
    I'm far from an expert, but if I had the space and the money, and it was as good in person as it appears, I'd pick it up -- I'm not sure about actual rarity, but I don't think the Rock-Ola stuff is as common as Atari, Midway, etc.
    Thanks I am going to check it out sometime this week. It will be my first machine and I got the thumbs up from the Mrs. Which rarely happens.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    Thanks I am going to check it out sometime this week. It will be my first machine and I got the thumbs up from the Mrs. Which rarely happens.
    As has been said by slapdash, Rock-Ola stuff isn't the most common manufacturer to find these days. The machine looks dedicated and in good shape and I personally really enjoy the game. Let me say though to keep this machine original and if you do get the "I need a multigame" or get the MAME cabinet fever, sell / trade this original machine for a generic cabinet candidate for such things.

Either way, it's a fun hobby / extension of the home gaming hobby.

Also, while our Arcade Alley sub forum here is great, do register over at KLOV if you haven't already. There is simply no better repository of information and enthusiasts for arcade gaming anywhere. If you need a registered user to okay you for their forums, let me know and I'll get you in, my username is the same there.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 03-18-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    As has been said by slapdash, Rock-Ola stuff isn't the most common manufacturer to find these days. The machine looks dedicated and in good shape and I personally really enjoy the game. Let me say though to keep this machine original and if you do get the "I need a multigame" or get the MAME cabinet fever, sell / trade this original machine for a generic cabinet candidate for such things.

Either way, it's a fun hobby / extension of the home gaming hobby.

Also, while our Arcade Alley sub forum here is great, do register over at KLOV if you haven't already. There is simply no better repository of information and enthusiasts for arcade gaming anywhere. If you need a registered user to okay you for their forums, let me know and I'll get you in, my username is the same there.
    Thanks for the info. I am not going to convert the cab at all. I just can't do something like that to something that works perfectly fine and is original. If it was broken or something along those lines I would but, not to a working machine. Seems wrong for some reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

So did you get it? The listing's been pulled, so I don't know if it was you or somebody else that grabbed it. How much was it?

Does the seller have other machines, or just Jump Bug? And if he has just the one, why that one? Maybe he could have had a hand in the production, and he's finally decided to sell the thing off after all this time.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't get it. I wish I would have. I was just a little late. I asked if he had other games for sale. He said he did but wasn't selling them yet. Oh well.