Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Wii games still be produced after the Wii U is released?

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Default Will Wii games still be produced after the Wii U is released?

I don't have 650 bucks to shell out for a Wii U when it comes out, but I do have a Wii and enjoy a few games on it. Does anyone know if new Wii games will still come out after Wii U comes out? Plus am I the only one who thinks Wii U is a ridiculous idea? I'm still waiting for an Ultra Nintendo. I mean we had Nintendo and Super Nintendo which notably did fantastic in the eras they were produced, so why instead of trying new gimmicks like tablet controllers, can't Nintendo just have a good SNES style controller with good 2D and 3D games? I know I'm ranting, but come on Nintendo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since when is the new nintendo system $650?

Play me a Newfie jig! markusman64ds's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Original PlayStation games were still produced after the PS2 came out, so I would say that Wii games will be produced as long as the original Wii is popular.

The Nintendo 64 was originally called the Ultra 64. I'm also pretty sure it was once going to be called the Ultra Famicom. In a way, you got your Ultra Nintendo

The controller is like an upgraded SNES controller. It has the D-pad, ABXY buttons, and the L & R buttons in all the right places. In addition to that, it has a touch screen, joysticks, camera and motion controls. This will allow you to interact with your games even more than before.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Gunstar Hero View Post
    I don't have 650 bucks to shell out for a Wii U when it comes out, but I do have a Wii and enjoy a few games on it. Does anyone know if new Wii games will still come out after Wii U comes out? Plus am I the only one who thinks Wii U is a ridiculous idea? I'm still waiting for an Ultra Nintendo. I mean we had Nintendo and Super Nintendo which notably did fantastic in the eras they were produced, so why instead of trying new gimmicks like tablet controllers, can't Nintendo just have a good SNES style controller with good 2D and 3D games? I know I'm ranting, but come on Nintendo!
    Firstly, there isn't any evidence that the Wii U will be $650 when it releases. That's PS3 launch price and then some. Calm yourself.

Secondly, if you have the Wii and a "few games", then it doesn't matter if they continue to release games for it after the release of their new console because there are plenty of older games you can check out. Sin and Punishment, Rhythm Heaven, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Shiren the Wanderer, Xenoblade, Last Story, Baroque, Blastworks, Ultimate Shmup Collection, etc.

For what it's worth, the worthwhile releases for the Wii are already few and far between. Once the Wii U comes out, expect the Wii release list to die very quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are Wii games still being made now?
    Aside from those localized RPGs that fans were begging for, I don't think you're going see to anything but licensed crapware from here on out.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I haven't seen anything saying the price will be $650. Also, Nintendo is thinking about changing the name. As far as future Wii releases, yes, there will be Wii games still being made YEARS after WiiU comes out, but they will mostly be shovelware releases. As someone already mentioned, if you enjoy Wii games, it's better to look into the past 1,000 releases rather than future 100 releases.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

There is two big releases this year for US gamers. April 6th Xenoblade Chronicles. June 19th The Last Story.

For UK gamers April has Pandora's Tower.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Yes.

Listen to Serge.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't aware that they where still making Wii games prior to the Wii-U's launch...

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Other than Xenoblade and The Last Story, new releases for the Wii are basically done. Nintendo systems post-SNES have been dropped very quickly by developers, with regards to good games.

I know the GBA somehow made it to 2008, but the GCN stopped having games right after the Wii came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Even with the massive user base, I can't see the Wii chugging along like the PS2 did, which is basically saying the Wii won't have 3-4 more years of cheapie ports and cash-ins.

In actuality, the Wii's existence is what kept the PS2 viable in stores until now. Most of the games still trickling out for the PS2 were Wii ports (and a few PSP ports). The Wii doesn't have that advantage now.
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, I have to disagree with you guys. I believe there will be Wii games for at least a year and a half after Wii-U comes out. With an established base of over 90 million consoles, it's way too easy to make money selling Wii games.

Many gamers like us are going to stop playing the Wii, but in homes with young children the parents will still be buying Wii games for their kids for quite a long time. I imagine there will still be Wii systems being manufactured and sold for quite some time as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Pimpdaddy View Post
    Well, I have to disagree with you guys. I believe there will be Wii games for at least a year and a half after Wii-U comes out. With an established base of over 90 million consoles, it's way too easy to make money selling Wii games.

Many gamers like us are going to stop playing the Wii, but in homes with young children the parents will still be buying Wii games for their kids for quite a long time. I imagine there will still be Wii systems being manufactured and sold for quite some time as well.
    Point taken - I can really see it going both ways I guess. I'm really more curious to see how collectible the Wii is long term. Every Nintendo console up to the Wii/DS has it's avid "gotta have 'em all" collectors. I'd be shocked if that trend continues on with the Wii or DS...
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After the Wii U comes out? Yes. Much longer after the Wii U comes out? No.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post
    In actuality, the Wii's existence is what kept the PS2 viable in stores until now. Most of the games still trickling out for the PS2 were Wii ports (and a few PSP ports). The Wii doesn't have that advantage now.
    I believe it was the other way around in the beginning. The Wii had PS2 ports like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed that really didn't take advantage of the hardware, but had Wii-mote functions added in. The original Playstation had software support for years after the PS2 came out and even without the Wii, the PS2 would have the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's plenty left in the bargain bins for those folks, not to mention lower-priced re-releases of first party stuff.
    As far as new content, they'd be lucky to get a few more hunting games to go along with the trickle of licensed dreck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If FIFA 2005 can be on Playstation, I see no reason FIFA 2016 can't be on Wii.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And if Operation Rainfall blows expectations like they did at Amazon and Nintendo beginning to open up to 3rd party publishers, we may see improvement in lineup that goes beyond the original Rainfall Three in the next year or so (i.e. Fatal Frame 4, Fatal Frame 2 Remake, Reginleiv, Rodea, Earth Seeker, Captain Rainbow, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You're just a hypocrite. I'm bashing Nintendo because I'm anti Nintendo, but my reasoning behind bashing them is always accurate. You should learn to do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I personally think it's greed to expect that you can pay for a game once and then do whatever you want with it.
    Check my video reviews on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/optitube
    My Pixel Paradise Blog: http://blockmangamer.blogspot.com/

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Will Wii games still be produced after the Wii U is released?

I sure hope so. Think of all the Wii's they've sold. I would think people who have them would want some. But history seems to say otherwise. Hopefully there will still be some good games to come out.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There probably will be, but it'll all be shovelware titles. Nintendo and 3rd-party developers will likely put most of their effort into Wii U, while crap developers like Game Mill will still be dishing out dozens of $20 garbage. It happened with the GBA, with many of its later titles being Scrabble/Yahtzee! compilations and cheap retro arcade 4-in-1's, with other companies focusing on the DS. It's a shame how Wii was barely used to its full potential.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click