Thread: Recent NES black box sales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfuzion View Post
    I agree nintendoage is a creepy website, and they basically have a set group of friends that dictate what the overall all opinion of collecting should be. If you don't agree with that or fall into line then you're out. I also find it funny that the main "banning mod" is some kind of Boston tough guy that posts videos of his "boxing matches" yet he's stays skinny as hell because he's sacred to move up in weight and box with the big boys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q30-...m0U7LzYdpblfs=

I mean come on you think because you joined a boxing gym and you participate in there "tournaments" you're a tough guy? You're a collector (allegedly) yet your youtube channel is full of your sparring matches. Do you know how many boxing gyms there are in the country and there all the same you train for 6 months and if you want you can participate in there annual "tournaments"... Go to fighttips or boxingscene or sherdog if you want to show off your "skills" but trying to flex your E-Alphaness on a gaming website... And yes i'm aware that his partner in crime is bagelpuss.

They will be the first ones to "backdoor" someone and the first to justify why when they did it and that it was ok. Yet if someone else does it it's wrong... Him and his brother are part of the reason the community has become creepy and splintered , buying up prototypes and selling them in reproduction form for profit. And there always "Above everyone" like yea there collectors yet there not nerds because they box... Don't get me started on the rest of the creepy dudes over on NA. And no I've never been banned I'm a long time lurker that never felt it was a real community so never so i rarely post.

This collecting community as a whole has never felt more vapid and empty, most of the time when people post there "finds of the day" there just links to there youtube channels so they can get more hits. And as game collecting has become more popular it's become more empty, everyone and there mom is a re-seller now. Craigslist is a shell of what it used to be.

And from what i have seen as a whole people in this community are becoming much more inverted about what and how they collect, people get very jealous over other peoples finds or collection a lot more so then say 5 years ago. And WTF is with everyone over at NA keeping secrets about what they paid for stuff. It's a video game, they have no problem showing it off but don't tell anyone how much you paid for it what is that all about?

Do you really think people care that you decide to redo your bathroom instead of keeping a game sealed in a case? Does it make you feel better if people know that while you collect games you're not that "hardcore" because you redid your bathroom instead of keeping the Flintstones on your shelf. You and your brother act like you're above collecting but you guys seem to always be the first ones to e-prove yourselves that you're still cool...

The entire collecting community is a shell of what it used to be, more people seem to spend there time bitching about what everyone is paying for stuff and what is "right" or "wrong" ethically. Yet EVERYONE does and will backdoor people on ebay or craigslist given the opportunity or chance. At this point i say do what ever the fuck you want as long as it's legal and don't let anyone convince you what is right or wrong when collecting video games...
    Tell us how you REALLY feel. Don't keep it all inside
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    Tell us how you REALLY feel. Don't keep it all inside
    I thank you for your kind words of encouragement, I hope the neurons deep inside my frontal cortex lobes deiced to properly convey to my fingertips the feeling I have inside.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree in part and strongly disagree in part with what you're saying here. The days of game collectors being a small community of people who help each other and share finds and deals seems to be long over. There are tons of flippers and resellers who basically hang out on the leading forums and auction sites and scoop up deals there or use the information they acquire to make more and more money. I think that has seriously hurt collecting in general as it makes it very hard to know who to trust or how much information to post about deals or finds.

Having said all that, I still have a small group of collector friends locally I meet up with regularly and I have a number of long-time collector friends here and elsewhere that I exchange info with through PMs and e-mails. It's just kind of sad that the old days of being able to trust and get along with the majority of collectors and knowing that the majority weren't just looking to turn a profit seems to be a thing of the past. I don't agree that the solution is to sink to the level of the flippers, side dealers and profiteers. Ultimately, like in every hobby, the bubble will burst and those people will move on and the collector population will shrink and things will go back to how they were in the old days or something pretty close to it.

I agree nintendoage is a creepy website, and they basically have a set group of friends that dictate what the overall all opinion of collecting should be. If you don't agree with that or fall into line then you're out. I also find it funny that the main "banning mod" is some kind of Boston tough guy that posts videos of his "boxing matches" yet he's stays skinny as hell because he's sacred to move up in weight and box with the big boys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q30-...m0U7LzYdpblfs=

I mean come on you think because you joined a boxing gym and you participate in there "tournaments" you're a tough guy? You're a collector (allegedly) yet your youtube channel is full of your sparring matches. Do you know how many boxing gyms there are in the country and there all the same you train for 6 months and if you want you can participate in there annual "tournaments"... Go to fighttips or boxingscene or sherdog if you want to show off your "skills" but trying to flex your E-Alphaness on a gaming website... And yes i'm aware that his partner in crime is bagelpuss.

They will be the first ones to "backdoor" someone and the first to justify why when they did it and that it was ok. Yet if someone else does it it's wrong... Him and his brother are part of the reason the community has become creepy and splintered , buying up prototypes and selling them in reproduction form for profit. And there always "Above everyone" like yea there collectors yet there not nerds because they box... Don't get me started on the rest of the creepy dudes over on NA. And no I've never been banned I'm a long time lurker that never felt it was a real community so i rarely post.

This collecting community as a whole has never felt more vapid and empty, most of the time when people post there "finds of the day" there just links to there youtube channels so they can get more hits. And as game collecting has become more popular it's become more empty, everyone and there mom is a re-seller now. Craigslist is a shell of what it used to be.

And from what i have seen as a whole people in this community are becoming much more inverted about what and how they collect, people get very jealous over other peoples finds or collection a lot more so then say 5 years ago. And WTF is with everyone over at NA keeping secrets about what they paid for stuff. It's a video game, they have no problem showing it off but don't tell anyone how much you paid for it what is that all about?

Do you really think people care that you decide to redo your bathroom instead of keeping a game sealed in a case? Does it make you feel better if people know that while you collect games you're not that "hardcore" because you redid your bathroom instead of keeping the Flintstones on your shelf. You and your brother act like you're above collecting but you guys seem to always be the first ones to e-prove yourselves that you're still cool...

The entire collecting community is a shell of what it used to be, more people seem to spend there time bitching about what everyone is paying for stuff and what is "right" or "wrong" ethically. Yet EVERYONE does and will backdoor people on ebay or craigslist given the opportunity or chance. At this point i say do what ever the fuck you want as long as it's legal and don't let anyone convince you what is right or wrong when collecting video games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I thank you for your kind words of encouragement, I hope the neurons deep inside my frontal cortex lobes deiced to properly convey to my fingertips the feeling I have inside.
    I actually did enjoy the rant, it's nice when people are willing to voice opinion. I just wish you had better grasp of there/their. That kinda took away from it for me.

This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let me get this straight:
    - Mark and I are both skinny
    - We both box
    - We get eBay side deals from time to time in order to flip for a profit
    - I redid my bathroom with the profits from sealed games
    - We buy prototypes and release the games as pirates/reproductions
    - We flop our e-dicks on the table every chance we get

Well, I would love to correct you, but literally every point you've made is accurate. Eerily so honestly.

While I would love to further talk about myself, this thread has little to do with me. I didn't sell or buy a single title listed by the OP. So why don't we stay on topic?

These are the facts that I can gather:
    - Sealed titles are selling for astronomical/insane amounts.
    - Some people are pissed about it.

Did I miss anything? Bronies?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    I actually did enjoy the rant, it's nice when people are willing to voice opinion. I just wish you had better grasp of there/their. That kinda took away from it for me.
    I want you to fully understand that any grammar errors that you might have come across are completely beside the point. The message as a whole is what i want you to except into your life, i want you to fully come to the realization that we are not alone and together in this simulated civilization we can unite. The force of words are sometimes beyond my control but if you view them in a way that is acceptable to the world around you then your life shall be a fulfilled sense of self-worth. You will be able to become an old man without shame or regret from your past transgressions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want you to fully understand that any grammar errors that you might have come across are completely beside the point. The message as a whole is what i want you to except into your life, i want you to fully come to the realization that we are not alone and together in this simulated civilization we can unite. The force of words are sometimes beyond my control but if you view them in a way that is acceptable to the world around you then your life shall be a fulfilled sense of self-worth. You will be able to become an old man without shame or regret from your past transgressions.
    You're right, Nintendo Age is weird.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    Let me get this straight:
    - Mark and I are both skinny
    - We both box
    - We get eBay side deals from time to time in order to flip for a profit
    - I redid my bathroom with the profits from sealed games
    - We buy prototypes and release the games as pirates/reproductions
    - We flop our e-dicks on the table every chance we get

Well, I would love to correct you, but literally every point you've made is accurate. Eerily so honestly.

While I would love to further talk about myself, this thread has little to do with me. I didn't sell or buy a single title listed by the OP. So why don't we stay on topic?

These are the facts that I can gather:
    - Sealed titles are selling for astronomical/insane amounts.
    - Some people are pissed about it.

Did I miss anything? Bronies?
    I want you to know that i fully understand the anger, frustration and sadness you have inside over the shame you have brought upon yourselves and the gaming community. What you have done can be forgiven over time but will never be forgotten. I want you to take command over your aura, let your synapse flow with positive energy. Don't allow yourself or your brother to be shackled by the weight of your sins. Never forget how much me or the rest of the community loved you and that we only are saddened by the continually of your arrogance. We have and will always be here for you and that the feelings you harbor are only your self projected fears that you've placed upon yourselves as a Defence mechanism. Take care my friend and may i hope your destination is as rewarding as the journey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go to fighttips or boxingscene or sherdog if you want to show off your "skills"
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f53/my...video-1416853/

I've been a member there for almost ten years now. Seeing as you've followed me to NA, you might want to follow me there too. You can read the responses from the other armchair boxers on the site.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f53/my...video-1416853/

I've been a member there for almost ten years now. Seeing as you've followed me to NA, you might want to follow me there too. You can read the responses from the other armchair boxers on the site.
    I'm extremely proud that you've followed your dreams and that you have not let the boundaries of your own insecurities prevent how you have lived your life. Once you realize the myth of forever is only an illusion and that being saddled with the burden of your own mortality only shapes what you allow it to. I hope you understand my child that we are all one in the same, we were all created from a single piece of matter and that over the evolution of time we evolved into the beings we have become. You and I will always have stardust in us never forget, take care my friend.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I would like nominate panzerfuzion for Internets User of the Century of the Week. Serious win in every post. Where have you been all our lives?

Onto the topics at hand.

Concerning the reselling/flipping trend, 10 years ago, we had these things called TRADEBOXES and we actually TRADED with them! Crazy, I know. Sure, you can make direct bank for more purchases but you give up the true community aspect that builds by trading with people where both parties get something they want out of it and you talk with someone more than you haggle with them. Believe it or not, 10 years ago, we didn't price everything here for a reason. WTT has given way to FS.

You can't look at black box sealed games as a secular bubble that won't affect general loose prices. Anything that increases the perception that NES is valuable and a worthy investment will bleed out to loose and complete titles. The one idiot who is buying up said black box games like very expensive candy, is the reason why. Based on what others posters have said here, since he seems to be one of the uneducated masses who use eBay as the sole metric (likewise, Etler's list as a guide - yes, these people still exist), you have to wonder what motivated him to spend so much on what we, the educated masses, would call a foolhardy investment.

And what's to stop the next person like this one to do the same, but spend more? Or what is going to stop him from using his wallet as a weapon on loose and complete titles? People like this will just follow the ones before them as they don't know any better... and things keep going up. You can't really say that these people will keep blinders on to other areas of collecting as well as be discrete with their purchases especially when they are not as educated collecting-wise as everyone who has posted in this thread. If you don't know any better, and you just saw someone spend $25k on a sealed Baseball (if you're not involved in the community, you'd never know he negotiates down!), would it make sense that you could think the value of baseball is even some percentage of that now?

Next: Why did sealed blackbox man make that decision to go wild with his money?

Due to the recession, traders and investors have moved from stocks and commodities to collectibles. And game collecting has made itself the perfect environment to enter. Prices show strong growth. There is a perfect dispersion of rare titles and popular ones to keep your options open. Nostalgia fuels bringing new collectors (and their disposable income) into the fold. VGA has arrived and made more quantifiable tiers to approach beyond loose, complete and sealed. Not to mention the Nintendo method for sealing games brings an identifiable (H SEEEEAMMM!!11) and relatively easy (compared to Genesis especially) way to confirm legitimacy.

So here are people like Braveheart69 (complete black box hoarding and prices), Mario's Right Nut (complete copies of SE hoarding) and gwyidion (homebrew prices and hoarding) with large bank accounts and opportunity to take hold of and so they did. And they are still around and not going anywhere. Also, this blackbox guy is proof more are on the way.

As someone who has benefited, and might I say greatly, from the increase in prices, I don't necessarily like it. The entry point to NES is constantly going up and new collectors are constantly having to short change themselves to collect like a lot of us did in the past. I am an old collecting fart, no doubt about it, and I know times change but I would want nothing to stop new collectors from experiencing what I did because it was great. It really has gotten to the point where old timers like myself are the ones who got driven to school and the new collectors had to walk 5 miles in the freezing cold to get there. That just doesn't jive with me and it all goes back to the point of skaar's posts.

Collecting is no longer a hobby. A hobby is for relaxation and enjoyment. Collecting is now an investment. And see how that worked out for the comic book investors back in the 90s. Which is why, if you are concerned with the value of your collection, you should have the trigger finger on Turbolister to sell everything locked and loaded. It's like the Price is Right, as close to without going over. I don't have my trigger finger on anything - I'm just observing now and trying to collect while dodging the insanity. I hope when the dust settles, everyone who posted here is too, fwiw, it'll show me that you were here for the right (that being, what I feel is right) reasons.

I genuinely hope it crashes down so it goes back to being an accessible, fun hobby again.
    Last edited by portnoyd; 04-11-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

*hug*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    You can't look at black box sealed games as a secular bubble that won't affect general loose prices. Anything that increases the perception that NES is valuable and a worthy investment will bleed out to loose and complete titles.
    An extremely educated and astute point, this at it's core is the basis of the frustration over high priced sealed collecting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

An extremely educated and astute point, this at it's core is the basis of the frustration over high priced sealed collecting.
    I think this is an overly paranoid view that sealed games and NA are somehow behind some plot which affects even loose common games.

Sure some people overprice their common games. So what. These games don't sell because they are overpriced and the seller is eventually forced to drop the price or hold them forever. Sealed black box games selling for 25k may create some higher asking prices on loose Top Gun carts at the flee market but it won't create higher sales.

Other than "shit I should have picked up more of these when they were cheap" I just don't understand why anyone would care esp to the degree that people do. If you do meet someone who is convinced that loose NES systems are now worth $500 I like to say "ok buddy I have 20 to spare how about I sell them to you for $50 each?"

If the most you want to spend is say $50-$60 (price of new retail game) and you just want to play the game there is very little in the past 5 years that has gone from affordable to unaffordable. Some loose games have even gone backwards. Hundred dollar games are now several hundred and thousand dollar games and now several thousand but most $10-$30 are still $10-$30

Loose copies of NES Punchout, Tecmo Superbowl, Contra, Zelda 1&2, Super Mario 1&2&3 have all gone nowhere in fact if you ask me they have gone down a bit in price. The only games that have really gone up in price are those that were already expensive anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    I would like nominate panzerfuzion for Internets User of the Century of the Week. Serious win in every post. Where have you been all our lives?

Onto the topics at hand.

Concerning the reselling/flipping trend, 10 years ago, we had these things called TRADEBOXES and we actually TRADED with them! Crazy, I know. Sure, you can make direct bank for more purchases but you give up the true community aspect that builds by trading with people where both parties get something they want out of it and you talk with someone more than you haggle with them. Believe it or not, 10 years ago, we didn't price everything here for a reason. WTT has given way to FS.

You can't look at black box sealed games as a secular bubble that won't affect general loose prices. Anything that increases the perception that NES is valuable and a worthy investment will bleed out to loose and complete titles. The one idiot who is buying up said black box games like very expensive candy, is the reason why. Based on what others posters have said here, since he seems to be one of the uneducated masses who use eBay as the sole metric (likewise, Etler's list as a guide - yes, these people still exist), you have to wonder what motivated him to spend so much on what we, the educated masses, would call a foolhardy investment.

And what's to stop the next person like this one to do the same, but spend more? Or what is going to stop him from using his wallet as a weapon on loose and complete titles? People like this will just follow the ones before them as they don't know any better... and things keep going up. You can't really say that these people will keep blinders on to other areas of collecting as well as be discrete with their purchases especially when they are not as educated collecting-wise as everyone who has posted in this thread. If you don't know any better, and you just saw someone spend $25k on a sealed Baseball (if you're not involved in the community, you'd never know he negotiates down!), would it make sense that you could think the value of baseball is even some percentage of that now?

Next: Why did sealed blackbox man make that decision to go wild with his money?

Due to the recession, traders and investors have moved from stocks and commodities to collectibles. And game collecting has made itself the perfect environment to enter. Prices show strong growth. There is a perfect dispersion of rare titles and popular ones to keep your options open. Nostalgia fuels bringing new collectors (and their disposable income) into the fold. VGA has arrived and made more quantifiable tiers to approach beyond loose, complete and sealed. Not to mention the Nintendo method for sealing games brings an identifiable (H SEEEEAMMM!!11) and relatively easy (compared to Genesis especially) way to confirm legitimacy.

So here are people like Braveheart69 (complete black box hoarding and prices), Mario's Right Nut (complete copies of SE hoarding) and gwyidion (homebrew prices and hoarding) with large bank accounts and opportunity to take hold of and so they did. And they are still around and not going anywhere. Also, this blackbox guy is proof more are on the way.

As someone who has benefited, and might I say greatly, from the increase in prices, I don't necessarily like it. The entry point to NES is constantly going up and new collectors are constantly having to short change themselves to collect like a lot of us did in the past. I am an old collecting fart, no doubt about it, and I know times change but I would want nothing to stop new collectors from experiencing what I did because it was great. It really has gotten to the point where old timers like myself are the ones who got driven to school and the new collectors had to walk 5 miles in the freezing cold to get there. That just doesn't jive with me and it all goes back to the point of skaar's posts.

Collecting is no longer a hobby. A hobby is for relaxation and enjoyment. Collecting is now an investment. And see how that worked out for the comic book investors back in the 90s. Which is why, if you are concerned with the value of your collection, you should have the trigger finger on Turbolister to sell everything locked and loaded. It's like the Price is Right, as close to without going over. I don't have my trigger finger on anything - I'm just observing now and trying to collect while dodging the insanity. I hope when the dust settles, everyone who posted here is too, fwiw, it'll show me that you were here for the right (that being, what I feel is right) reasons.

I genuinely hope it crashes down so it goes back to being an accessible, fun hobby again.
    I just don't see it. Sure certain items have gone up in value WAY up in some cases but the vast majority of videogames are very afforable. For someone starting videogame collecting today there are so many games to collect under $50 or even under $20 that most will never reach the end of say a complete collection of every videogame priced under $20.

I don't understand why things are no longer fun because of this. Times have changed for sure but as some older games go up in price lots of newer games are going down in price.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari View Post
    I think this is an overly paranoid view that sealed games and NA are somehow behind some plot which affects even loose common games.

Sure some people overprice their common games. So what. These games don't sell because they are overpriced and the seller is eventually forced to drop the price or hold them forever. Sealed black box games selling for 25k may create some higher asking prices on loose Top Gun carts at the flee market but it won't create higher sales.

Other than "shit I should have picked up more of these when they were cheap" I just don't understand why anyone would care esp to the degree that people do. If you do meet someone who is convinced that loose NES systems are now worth $500 I like to say "ok buddy I have 20 to spare how about I sell them to you for $50 each?"

If the most you want to spend is say $50-$60 (price of new retail game) and you just want to play the game there is very little in the past 5 years that has gone from affordable to unaffordable. Some loose games have even gone backwards. Hundred dollar games are now several hundred and thousand dollar games and now several thousand but most $10-$30 are still $10-$30

Loose copies of NES Punchout, Tecmo Superbowl, Contra, Zelda 1&2, Super Mario 1&2&3 have all gone nowhere in fact if you ask me they have gone down a bit in price. The only games that have really gone up in price are those that were already expensive anyway.
    You have to understand that paranoia is a fear manufactured by the enemies that lie within, unless we decided to stand up for our civil rights as collectors the crimes perpetrated against us will never end. Money is only an object created by the inception into our thoughts, the continued movement forward will only further pixelate our minds. Like a sonic wind thrust upon us by the demons of the past we will only be eternally rewarded when the men whose deeds are unholy are pushed into the streets by the heroine's who have the unadulterated power to do so. This is beginning of a great revolution where the past becomes present and the present becomes clean once again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

You have to understand that paranoia is a fear manufactured by the enemies that lie within, unless we decided to stand up for our civil rights as collectors the crimes perpetrated against us will never end. Money is only an object created by the inception into our thoughts, the continued movement forward will only further pixelate our minds. Like a sonic wind thrust upon us by the demons of the past we will only be eternally rewarded when the men whose deeds are unholy are pushed into the streets by the heroine's who have the unadulterated power to do so. This is beginning of a great revolution where the past becomes present and the present becomes clean once again.
    Drugs are bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    My understanding from a thread on another site is this is all one guy and he goes back after he hits the BIN and negotiates the real price. Having said that, I understand that he is still way overpaying, at least compared to recent previous sales of the same titles. Sadly, this happens in every hobby from time to time and I suppose if there is any positive it's that somebody made a nice profit and it has no impact on the rest of us.
    I haven't read all of the responses so I apologize if this has already been asked. So how does a person bid on this many items and then expect the seller to negotiate on what he's really planning to pay and still keep his eBay account? A bid is a bid.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

Hindsight is everything. Instead of spending money to go to technical college several years ago, I wish I had invested that money in Apple. I'd be better off today. However, I didn't and that's tough fucking shit.

Same with games. That's why I'm thankful my mother bought me everything Sega and Sony as a kid; they're two of the few brands I collect. Prices are (usually) cheap and merchandise is readily available.

With regards to hoarding, I'm guilty of it too. I'm already hoarding certain items from this generation; good investments 5-10 years from now when the economy (should) be great and today's kids will have jobs and disposable incomes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"I haven't read all of the responses so I apologize if this has already been asked. So how does a person bid on this many items and then expect the seller to negotiate on what he's really planning to pay and still keep his eBay account? A bid is a bid. "
    Ebay gives the buyer much too much power now