Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulking up your collection

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bulking up your collection

Is there a website that sells crappy games for prices in the $1-3 range? Im trying to bulk up my collection with quantity purchases while I also buy games that Im really interested in playing immediately. the crappy games are also helping learn basic game play and button control. I have used JJgames but Im looking for another source. I also want a large variety of mixed console game because Im trying to get familiar with each system.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

my best advice is to do what i did and that is surf your local craigslist ad's looking for bulk packages.

Like one deal i bought over 100 various NES games and came with a few SNES and Genesis games.

Sure your gonna get a few doubles doing it that way but bulk up those doubles and resell em on ebay or something as a package deal for new collectors to eat up.

Then once your satisfied you can move on to the individual Goodwill/Thrift store finds and the flea market finds and garage sale finds to keep the collection going but without having to dump a crazy amount of money into bulk buy's you did to get started.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I've heard of a place that sells tons of crappy games... it's called something-Bay... can't quite think of the name...

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ebay is great of course, but how many people know about Half.com? It's owned by Ebay these days, but I often find cart only deals there that are cheaper than the ones on regular eBay. So check that place out.

And Amazon.com's Marketplace sellers. However you will end up paying a lot for shipping per game (4 dollars or so) which adds up fast. You may want to do what Collector_Gaming suggested and look for lots. (Search "Nes lot" or "ps1 lot," etc on Ebay).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

See this seller here? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playstation-...#ht_500wt_1112

He's selling Silent Hill 1 which usually goes for 20 dollars (even though it's $6 on PSN) and no one's bid yet. So it might be a deal if you don't mind all the sports games that come with it.
    Last edited by stalepie; 04-24-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Buy "lots" on ebay. It is as good as any way to bulk up you collection with cheap games.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

like if you lived in vermont like me take this as a example

http://burlington.craigslist.org/vgm/2854275388.html

An atari 2600 with 60 games (some listed as boxed too) for 75 dollars. That would be a good starter lot for the 2600 providing its not 35 copies of Pac man and such lol

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I been using Amazon but even when you get games for $.99, and 5 games for $3ea, $4 shipping on each kills the deal. I used Amazon for most of what I have now but I want to bulk up now. Ill try the things suggested here for my next buys.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ebay lots will be your best bet -it just sucks because a lot of the lots are 60% sports titles with a few lame games mixed in. Once and a while a good lot will come up with a bunch of common games and maybe a nice gem or 2 mixed in. Even if you own some of the titles you can always sell them individually and probably make your money back.
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

The other way to do it on ebay is to buy games from sellers who do not do free shipping, but have a combined shipping rule and lots of cheap games that you want. It's how I bought a lot of the stuff.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Or you could wait until good games start appearing in lots with crap games, and acquiring them over time like everyone else. Crappy games stack up quick, no reason to purposely seek them out.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    The other way to do it on ebay is to buy games from sellers who do not do free shipping, but have a combined shipping rule and lots of cheap games that you want. It's how I bought a lot of the stuff.
    THis is the way. Also visit any local game stores not owned buy Gamestop. NES games work best with this method, IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just curious....

Why would you want to have a large amount of "crap" games?

What would be considered a crap game is relative and some people might think other people's collections are full of crap... but if you yourself consider these games crap, then why?

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    Just curious....

Why would you want to have a large amount of "crap" games?

What would be considered a crap game is relative and some people might think other people's collections are full of crap... but if you yourself consider these games crap, then why?

Some people don't collect to play the games but rather collect to own all the games ever created for (a) specific game system(s)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedEditionMuseum View Post
    Is there a website that sells crappy games for prices in the $1-3 range? Im trying to bulk up my collection with quantity purchases while I also buy games that Im really interested in playing immediately. the crappy games are also helping learn basic game play and button control. I have used JJgames but Im looking for another source. I also want a large variety of mixed console game because Im trying to get familiar with each system.
    Based on what you said above, perhaps I can help at http://www.goatstore.com

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone suggesting eBay, he's looking for a few cheap games for a bunch of systems. VERY rarely will you find an eBay auction containing five of each NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, 2600, Saturn, Master System, Odyssey 2, Intellivision, and so on games all in one package. eBay works if you're looking to start a, say, 2600 collection and you just want a system with 100 games, but if he is looking for lots of stuff, then that won't work out right.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The GOAT store is what Im looking for, its like jjs but spanning more consoles. what I meant by crappy are games that cost a few bucks just to bulk up collections and basically to practice my gaming on.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

The GOAT store is what Im looking for, its like jjs but spanning more consoles. what I meant by crappy are games that cost a few bucks just to bulk up collections and basically to practice my gaming on.
    Wouldn't it be a lot more fun to practice your gaming on good games? Or are you just confusing the word crappy with common or cheap? Just because a game's inexpensive doesn't mean it's not a ton of fun to play. But when you say you're looking for crappy titles all I can imagine is you stocking up on shit like Shaq Fu and Batman Forever.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are correct about the confusing of the terms. But Im looking for all and any games now. when I mean crappy, Im thinking Eternal Warriors for Genesis.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

You are correct about the confusing of the terms. But Im looking for all and any games now. when I mean crappy, Im thinking Eternal Warriors for Genesis.
    What game? Do you mean Eternal Champions? Are you looking for sports games in bulk?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any and all.