Thread: Who here hates on-line sellers sometimes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) PROTOTYPE's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Who here hates on-line sellers sometimes?

Just lost a bid to one of them.Granted anybody can bid but they have more money to win. As you can see I'm a little piss about it.The auction was for 8 ps1 games, the seller didn't know she had a very rare game in it. I was hopping nobody else did either, I really thought that I was going to win when this seller came out of nowhere. over 31800 sales and won. What game I'm talking about is mortal kombat 3 small jewel case version. It rarely comes to auction. I really don't know what its worth is? I just wanted it for my collection. As this happen to you?
    If it's not fun? Your not really playing.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

A lot of the time people use sniping programs that have computers place their bid with one second left so they win. It happens all the time, pretty much the only way to win many auctions.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Huh, I just snipe things manually by making an appointment to be at my computer when the item ends. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't because people want to pay too much for something.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Yea, I know this too...But my point is when on-line sellers bid on game lots you really have to way over bid to have any chance to win.They also go around to ma and pa stores, flea markets ect,, It makes it really hard to find a good deal, let alone a rare game in the wild for cheap.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, resellers have definitely become a problem in recent years, but what can you do. Whoever is willing to pay the most gets it, simple as that. I just wish the resellers weren't artificially inflating prices by paying more than a lot is worth, even if you bought each game separately and paid usual going rate for each. For anyone else, the lot would be a rip-off at that point, but the resellers don't care if they overpay a bit because they'll list everything separately with complete ass-rape Buy It Now prices, sitting on the stock until the day a sucker comes along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Man, you are so right.This auction I'm talking about had 8 ps1 games and 7 of the games were worth maybe 3 to 8 a piece. mortal kombat 3 is not a very good game but its a rare version of that game and he knew that so he put a sniper program on it So, no matter what I bid on it went over it. I was caught off guard, I should just been honest with seller and offer her a buy it now sale and try to deal...but try to get it cheap. This seller will sell this for big time inflated money, I will see in on-line by next week or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where's the link?

I doubt the winning bidder has any idea about the MK3 small case variant, it's extremely niche. I just sold one on these boards maybe 2 months ago, and there's only a couple of people that own it.

Resellers know about the hot and popular stuff but not much about variants, especially on PS1 where variants aren't talked about too much.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    A lot of the time people use sniping programs that have computers place their bid with one second left so they win. It happens all the time, pretty much the only way to win many auctions.
    No, the only way to win is to bid more than anyone else is willing to, no matter what time you bid. Bidding last second really serves no real purpose other than to get you all worked up and bidding more than you originally intended.