Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
Exactly. That's what most bidders do which is why sniping doesn't work plain and simple.
I think it’s funny you posted something like this with this posted right before basically showing that your wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
like in my auction I bid has high I wanted to get it for... but its not as high if push comes to shove. People don't really want to put the max on right away because we trying to get a deal.
Maybe you guys that bid on thousands of dollars of stuff a week have lost sight that most people try to live within their means and not outside them. In other words say I don’t have thousands of dollars to work with from the last few sales of my games, I might give myself $25 a week to blow I put it all in a bid for something that normally goes for $50 on Sunday and on Monday I give myself another $25 do I go and put that with my bid? No I’m already winning it there’s no point I’d rather spend this $25 on something else but if push comes to shove I will put it to the bid but I really don’t want to.

I think more people bid like this than you think. There’s no way to prove my theory but the OP is a good example of it and I myself have done it in the past and still do it if I don’t have a lot of cash to work with because sometimes you can get lucky. The reason I think this happens is there’s a big difference in $100 made at a day job and $100 made off some game that I paid next to nothing for at a yard sale. I can see where someone that makes hundreds of dollars an hour can be relaxed with their money I’m not even that hard off but it still takes about 3 hours for me to make a $100 at work and I can see if someone had a manual labor job getting paid the minimum would be even more likely to bid like this.