Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Default Worst game you have ever played

Now before we go into the "ERMAHGERD ET FOR ATARI = WORST GAME EVER!" frenzy...
    I wanna ask you for real what seriously is the worst retail video game/pc (this means none of those home brew download.com freebie games that get spat out every 5 minutes) game that you have ever played?

I know i own some really bad ones but never sat down and played them so you know i'll throw this one out there and say

Shellshock 2 Blood Trails for the xbox 360.

This was a complete blind buy and miss interpretation i got from a friend when i was at gamestop like 3 years ago asking "dude i need a new game any suggestions?"

I beat it but mind numbingly bad. From its close end hallway style level design system i thought we left behind in the last generation. To pointless mini game style puzzles to get zombies/enemies off you to mind numbingly hard action sequences that have no reason for being so damn hard to a fairly boring story. If it was a early xbox release i would be alright whatever cool. But for being a xbox 360 game... come on really. The only good part was the end where they played which is a super badass tune

Also what spawned this thread was me watching this video on youtube. http://youtu.be/rozlyKhm1GQ about a game called "Country Justice: Revenge of the Rednecks" which is a super broken game released by a company made to make cheap game. The game has PS1 graphics and feel but yet recently released. Go figure
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 08-23-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any call of douchey modern crapfare

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern on Dreamcast. There was no dragon riding whatsoever, it was a crappy adventure game. The loading times were ridiculous, camera angles sucked and sometimes got stuck, and the game just felt incomplete. Not to mention piss-poor controls.

Somehow, I actually stuck it out and finished the game. Only because I spent my hard-earned 20 bucks on it when it first came out. My most torturous gaming experience by far. I remember thinking to myself " I will remember this game forever only because of how shitty it is".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

If you're grading on the basis of:

Talent + Budget = End Product

...it would be Homefront (single player campaign).

It's just the most mediocre, cliched, broken, cheap-death, disaster I've ever played. There are certainly worse games out there, but I can't think of one that deviated so far from it's potential. A total Shit Sandwich.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Trine 2. I've never played the first, but I heard the second was is the exact same. The moment I took control of the character, I was bored of this game. I was playing with a friend so I went as far as getting all characters and beating the first boss, but the entire time I played I was bored as hell. The friend I was playing with, one who likes almost everything, didn't even like it.

XBL games, PSN games. You truly get what you pay for and is one reason why cheap digital games won't ever be better than full retail games. These games may have been play tested and work properly, but being a working game doesn't make it better than a game that's buggy as all hell and incomplete. I"ve played a lot of bad retail games, but I would rather play a bad game than one that bores me as much as this.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 08-23-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Magna Carta, Tears of Blood for the PS2.

I was suckered into buying it by the awesome art, but the voice acting was horrible and the game is a grind fest with a battle system that left so little margin for error that it was near infuriating.

I still keep it around to punish myself for not doing more research on the game and caving into an impulse buy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wii Sports, which is more tech demo than game. It established a shit system that should have failed.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post
    Wii Sports, which is more tech demo than game. It established a shit system that should have failed.
    Oh yes someone who agrees

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My immediate answer whenever a thread like this pops up is Amagon on the NES.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Bubsy 3D.

I could come up with games that are more buggy and unplayable than Bubsy 3D, but no game has been more unpleasant to experience. It literally gave me nightmares and put me in a weird depressed funk for a few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That ones easy: ET for the 2600 .

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    Now before we go into the "ERMAHGERD ET FOR ATARI = WORST GAME EVER!" frenzy
    Oh. Well it was the worst game I have ever played, nothing but a broken mess. But I'll pick something more recent for the sake of this thread.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes. I hope you like falling....alot, because 40-70% of this game involves you falling to your death. The AI is pretty retarded as well. Despite being a Star Wars fan I could find very little to like about this game.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes of the Lance. (NES)

Nothing comes close to this mess.
    May 19, 1998
    "Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy. Itchy. Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty."
    ~ Keeper's Diary

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    That ones easy: ET for the 2600 .

Oh. Well it was the worst game I have ever played, nothing but a broken mess. But I'll pick something more recent for the sake of this thread.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes. I hope you like falling....alot, because 40-70% of this game involves you falling to your death. The AI is pretty retarded as well. Despite being a Star Wars fan I could find very little to like about this game.
    Well no if you for real feel ET was the worst be my guest. But I didn't want this to be a ET hate a thon when probably half the people who would post probably have played a even worse game in their opinion..... and then have them just jump on the band wagon for shits and giggles.

That why I am asking what is the worst game IN YOUR OPINION that you have played. Whether its Classic or New.. I also take into consideration of the technology before smacking a game around. Say for instance if its a atari 2600 game and the graphics look like crap... well thats a given its atari 2600. or game play doesn't have super epic story that modern games have on say NES... well thats a given thats gonna happen its NES.

Thats why I didn't post ET.... ET Was bad... it was very quickly rushed for no reason really (yea I know speilberg and the executives wanted their game now for the christmas season but that was just plain stupidity so we won't blame atari for that). And yes it is very broken but in all seriousness how many atari 2600 games weren't in some way broken themselves? I will give it that ET was the most broken of all atari games but still.. I don't know.. I felt like another game needs some hate light put ET on the back burner for awhile. Or perhaps I felt bad for a game that was destined to be doomed because of eager clients that didn't understand how video game development works at the time.

CONTINUE!
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 08-24-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Collector_Gaming View Post
    Well no if you for real feel ET was the worst be my guest. But I didn't want this to be a ET hate a thon when probably half the people who would post probably have played a even worse game in their opinion..... and then have them just jump on the band wagon for shits and giggles.

That why I am asking what is the worst game IN YOUR OPINION that you have played. Whether its Classic or New.. I also take into consideration of the technology before smacking a game around. Say for instance if its a atari 2600 game and the graphics look like crap... well thats a given its atari 2600. or game play doesn't have super epic story that modern games have on say NES... well thats a given thats gonna happen its NES.

Thats why I didn't post ET.... ET Was bad... it was very quickly rushed for no reason really (yea I know speilberg and the executives wanted their game now for the christmas season but that was just plain stupidity so we won't blame atari for that). And yes it is very broken but in all seriousness how many atari 2600 games weren't in some way broken themselves? I will give it that ET was the most broken of all atari games but still.. I don't know.. I felt like another game needs some hate light put ET on the back burner for awhile. Or perhaps I felt bad for a game that was destined to be doomed because of eager clients that didn't understand how video game development works at the time.

CONTINUE!
    It looks you are the one making it an "ET hate a thon". This person mentioned ET in one sentence, yet you post three paragraphs? And they did post about another game. Great way to be a dick!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    It looks you are the one making it an "ET hate a thon". This person mentioned ET in one sentence, yet you post three paragraphs? And they did post about another game. Great way to be a dick!
    Way to keep it going!

and for the record you obviously didn't read my post.. Some how your vision saw "gerble gobble blah blarg ET sucks... blah bler bloo dooble ET sucks" because if you read it you would notice I was trying to explain the idea behind the whole thread a lil further. But once again thanks again!
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 08-24-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Already mentioned my worst game. This is the main reason I don't post much on message boards/forums, because of assholes like this. My bad for posting in this sorry-ass thread!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dr. BaconStein's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pirate games... easily. If we're going by licensed games, I never had the privilege of being graced by monstrosities such as Hydlide, Big Rigs, or Bubsy 3D, but I have been disappointed by a number of popular big name titles where the overall quality just doesn't line up with the budget and production values. Mentioning my dislike for those games usually makes people mad, though.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Meanwhile, back on topic.

My reflex post for these topics is Rascal for the PS1.

And I liked E.T.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. BaconStein View Post
    Pirate games... easily. If we're going by licensed games, I never had the privilege of being graced by monstrosities such as Hydlide, Big Rigs, or Bubsy 3D, but I have been disappointed by a number of popular big name titles where the overall quality just doesn't line up with the budget and production values. Mentioning my dislike for those games usually makes people mad, though.
    Its a pure shame about hydlide. Your not the only one i have heard hate about from. Sounded like a great idea and perhaps should have been a true zelda/Final Fantasy competitor but had poor execution. Anyone know why this happened?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just recieved a copy of Johnny Bazookatone for saturn. Maybe its not the worst I've ever played but holy crap does it suck. The graphics and music are good, but the control and gameplay are horrible. The screen just moves around way too quickly and you'll never know when you'll run into an enemy. It could have been a good game with a little more work done to it, but to me it just isn't.