Classic Gaming Expo is home to one of many unique events: video game game shows! These events are hosted by Digital Press, and you can expect a whirlwind of classic game show goodness this year. The game shows will feature hosts Tim Snider (who was at one time a stand-up comic) and professional spokesmodel Janice Prishwalko. Each day of Classic Gaming Expo will feature a unique game - on Saturday the troupe has planned two trivia battle games where three players will go head-to-head and match wits on their gaming expertise. On Sunday, it will be team battles as contestants feud over the most popular answers to simple "what's your opinion" questions. Who will emerge as the champion of video gaming know-how?

We've even brought on the original host of Starcade, Mark Richards to consult - and of course, share his experiences from the show!

The Jeopardy-style game is played out on a giant 8' x 8' wooden free-standing board (you may have seen pics of this from CGE2k1). Eyehooks hold the cards in place, they're easily removable/flippable, etc.

The cool innovation to this THIS year is that we have a "buzzer" program designed for the Atari 2600 which uses four paddle controllers. The first person to press their paddle button gets their custom sound, color, and character (Yorgle from Adventure, Pac-Man, Yar, and now I forget the fourth one). This is played out on an A/V modded 2600 hooked into the band's amp system. Cool stuff!

The Family Feud-style game is new this year too but the board can be modified slightly for this. Buzzer program is now only needed for two players and we'll have couches for the "families" to sit in during the game. Again, Tim will do his best Richard Dawson imitation

Should be great fun, it's part of the show I'm looking very forward to. The fact that the DP booth is at the front of the show facing the band/front entrance allows the web cam a perfect vantage point for this game as well.

Just a few days to go! I feel like a kid just before Christmas who knows that his first Atari 2600 is under the tree.