So this last month saw me pick up a copy of Castlevania Symphony of the Night for PS1 and had it really capture my imagination for a good solid week. I really needed a good polished action platformer (in this case with some RPG elements thrown in for good measure) and it really delivered. Which got me thinking. I've very new the PS1's library, I was a Nintendo fanboy growing up, Sega and Sony were taboo for years. I've since out grown that. This is both a blessing and a curse. A curse because I ignored a lot of good games over the years, and a blessing because now I have a mountain of games to keep me busy for a good number of years. The I never really thought of the PS1 as a source of good 2D platformers, but between Castlevania and the Mega Mans (8, X4-6 specificly) there appears to be some good material to mine.

So my question is; beyond Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Mega Man 8, X4, X5, and X6 what are some good action platformers on the PS1? Cause I want to start tracking them down.