Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, ill look up a youtube review.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Iron Storm for the Saturn is worth a look see. While very unrealistic it can be pretty challenging. (It is a port of one of the long running Daisenryaku series.)

Heir of Zendor might be worth a look - one of the all too many games I have but have never gotten around to playing - something I aim to remedy when I retire in the very near future

For the snes these might be worth looking at:

War 2410
    War 2010
    Super Conflict

(these are all a bit clunky due to age and give too much power to air units (in War 2410 and super confilct) - once you have control of the air (which is pretty easy to do, the scenario is pretty much over)

Metal Marines - one of my favorite games for the console

Super Battleship - the battle scenarios are pretty fun but don't offer anything in the way of replay

Super Rampart - an action game - but lots of fun since you get to build things and then blow other things up with cannons - really frenetic action in the later stages of the game

The various Koei games - Genghis Khan, Liberty or Death, Nobunga's ambition, rise of the Phoenix, Romance of the three kingdoms (by three) and P.T.O. - heavily menu driven - fun if you can get into them (there may be some other Koei snes games - that is just off the top of my head)

Gemfire - Another Koei game but very simplistic in comparison to the others - if you are looking for a filler game to do something for a night or two to kill time this works admirably since you can finish a game within that time frame

(One highly underrated game (IMHO) for the PS is Nectaris - heckuva a buy for the amount of gameplay you get. )
    Last edited by Natty Bumppo; 11-15-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yo dawg cod is where its at bro! Omg dont know why anyone would play any other game besides it period!?!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natty Bumppo View Post
    Metal Marines - one of my favorite games for the console
    This. Amazing game.

The various Koei games - Genghis Khan, Liberty or Death, Nobunga's ambition, rise of the Phoenix, Romance of the three kingdoms (by three) and P.T.O. - heavily menu driven - fun if you can get into them (there may be some other Koei snes games - that is just off the top of my head)

Gemfire - Another Koei game but very simplistic in comparison to the others - if you are looking for a filler game to do something for a night or two to kill time this works admirably since you can finish a game within that time frame
    These as well. Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition are the most well known, but that's because they're the best games Koei has developed(coincidentally, I just started a new game of RoTK10 last night.)

Romance of the Three Kingdoms Wall of Fire(SNES, PSX, and Saturn) is still one of the best in the series. It got a decent amount of strategy gameplay involved, but at the same time, it doesn't add unwanted features that slow the pace of the game down like RotK7 and 8 did. Graphically, it can be argued, but I think it's SNES, Saturn, PSX.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 6 on the PSX is a good game as well. Then you might want to stay away from the series until 9-11. 12 is a PC exclusive. It's had a fan translation into English somewhere and looks really good, I just haven't played it.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I liked Super Battleship's original mode.

I just wish I could beat the final mission and see the ending.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

War 2410 is a good one for the SNES if you want a boardgame hexagonal grid style with ease of play.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Commando is the best most realistic war game out there, shoot those evil grey coats dead!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    Commando is the best most realistic war game out there, shoot those evil grey coats dead!
    hahahaahah...i just looked up reviews on this....funny. as for the others, aren't they mostly RPG type games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedEditionMuseum View Post
    hahahaahah...i just looked up reviews on this....funny. as for the others, aren't they mostly RPG type games?
    Not really - they are mostly strategy games (of varying complexity) - RPG strategy games usually incorporate many of the same elements and mix them with rpg elements.
    When I come home from a long day in Hell, there's nothing I'd rather reach for than a fire-brewed bottle of Styx Beer. Made from the filthiest waters from our own River Styx. Styx Beer is a third more toxic than any other regular beer. The worst beer - the filthiest beer - the deadliest beer. It's Styx Beer!