Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this is sad

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it's funny how that works. You'd think as we get older we'd have more patience. I'm pretty much burned out on RPG's, for example.

That said, Chrono Trigger is one game that never required any kind of grinding. If you fought everything you could(without seeking battle) you were ready for the bosses. If you lost to a boss, you more than likely just need to switch up your strategy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just like being unstoppable in RPG's. So I grind a lot and become really powerful. Im just going to cheat on the SNES RPG's. I beat FF7 in 82 hours without a single game over cause I just kept on grinding, so yeah I tend to over do it.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Read a book, make something, work hard, go enjoy nature, etc, etc .....

Man survived without games for thousands of years, you can live without them also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    compute1984

I feel your pain. I am terrible at most games. I've never beaten Contra, or Super Mario Brothers. I haven't even gotten to the monkey thing on Pitfall 2. But I still play because it's fun. You don't have to be awesome at games to enjoy them. Keep playing, and if a game frustrates you too much, put it down. And don't throw your Playstation at the wall.
    See my latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: http://holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Like others have mentioned, if you're not so great at hand eye coordinatnion, why not try RPGs? Even if you're not very good at RPGs, you can always grind to become more powerful. Some RPGs require you to grind so it's not that you're not good it's just the games are sometimes too hard and require leveling up.

I'm not so good at hand eye coordination when it comes to certain games though. Games like first person shooters, shoot em ups, and the newer music genre. However. I'm really good at platformers. Play older NES platformers and keep playing until you finish the game. Then go back and play these same games a week later. That'll get you better at the genre.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can grind your way through any of the later Castlevania games, too.

PC games and emulators are also a good option since quick saves and save states turn failure into a momentary setback.