Thread: Final Fantasy X PS2 "Square Enix"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Final Fantasy X PS2 "Square Enix"

I heard that there was 2 variant cover art for Final Fantasy X (Black Label), one with the title "Square Soft" and one with "Square Enix" How rare is it to come across the game with the cover "Square Enix", I can't seem to find one anywhere, is it worth any more then the ones with "Square Soft"? Thanks.
    Last edited by tygrr; 12-03-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tygrr View Post
    I heard that there was 2 variant cover art for Final Fantasy X, one with the title "Square Soft" and one with "Square Enix" How rare is it to come across the game with the cover "Square Enix", I can't seem to find one anywhere, is it worth any more then the ones with "Square Soft"? Thanks.
    Square Enix is the name for the company after the merger. I doubt there's much price variance in the two covers, but I'd be willing to bet that the Square-Enix one would be worth marginally less.

Also, I recall the Square-Enix cover only being on the Greatest Hits edition, which, if not affecting value now, will likely make it worth less to collectors in the future in much the same way that GH editions are worth less to collectors for PS1 games currently.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparf View Post
    Square Enix is the name for the company after the merger. I doubt there's much price variance in the two covers, but I'd be willing to bet that the Square-Enix one would be worth marginally less.

Also, I recall the Square-Enix cover only being on the Greatest Hits edition, which, if not affecting value now, will likely make it worth less to collectors in the future in much the same way that GH editions are worth less to collectors for PS1 games currently.
    I'd tend to agree, the only examples I know of where a reprint is worth more than the first print are Lunar Silver Star Story Complete (the fanart edition came out later and contained disc art submitted in a contest) and Final Fantasy VII (the second print had an unusual type setting error) Reprints are almost always worth less than first prints, Final Fantasy Origins GH for example is quite hard to find (It was GHed around the same time Sony shut down the PSone factory) but if factory sealed has a negligible new premium whereas the black label has a $15 new premium, used examples are about $10-15 regardless of print.