Has anyone ever tried to frame a collection of CDs before? Like most collectors, I like to proudly display my collections where people can see them. A while back I managed to complete a full set of eight Lunar CDs (seven for the SegaCD, and the original MegaCD release). I wanted to display these easily... so I got the idea of framing them along with one copy of the instruction booklet.

Has anyone ever tried to mount CDs to a mat board before? It's not easy. I had to cut out the middle, plastic part of eight CD jewel cases. The plastic is hard and very tough to break.

After this, these pieces had to be sunk into the mat board to reduce thickness in the front. That way there would be a minimal effect of moisture over time between the mat board and the plexiglass of the frame. I cut holes in the mat board and superglued the plastic CD holders to a second layer of mat board underneath, which was made up of scrap pieces and taped together with ample duct tape.

After that, standard framing procedure was in effect. A black beveled mat board was put around the sides at 2" (3" is more standard but the thing was big enough already). Cardboard was used as the backing. It was all fit into a custom black frame set, and measures approximately 27" x 33". The whole project weighs about 20-25 lbs. It looks frickin fantastic on my wall.

Has anyone else considered going to such lengths for presentation's sake? I feel like it was definitely worth it.