Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Default Famiclone Odd Question

Hey, I have a question about my Famiclone Vs. Maxx System. My question is in the video below as I explain it.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_LCGu8u13-E

Any suggestions to this odd question of this Famiclone working and then not working periodically would be helpful and no, "it doesn't matter it's just a Famiclone" is NOT helpful.

Please help as when it works it works near flawlessly!
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you opened her up to have a look inside,maybe check some of the connections with a multimeter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Pikkon View Post
    Have you opened her up to have a look inside,maybe check some of the connections with a multimeter.
    I have opened the system up and I can check how the connections fair now.
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Ah, a variant of the Power Joy III.

Couple things.

1 Are you actually using a power supply and not just the horrible battery pack the thing comes with?

2. Check the ratings of the power supply you're using. IIRC, the stock one for the PowerJoy is something insane like 7v 350mA. A real Famicom (and thus Famiclones based on it) use 9v and 800mA. I have discovered with my Powerjoy power supply wasn't enough to run some Famicom games because there just isn't enough amperage in the stock design. Try using a power supply from a real Famicom or model 1 Sega Genesis. (NOT nes)

3. The NOAC might be failing. If so, there's nothing you can do about that.

4. If all else fails, open it up and take a look for anything that might be problematic.

Also, I love that the related video is my Supaboy review lol
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Ah, a variant of the Power Joy III.

Couple things.

1 Are you actually using a power supply and not just the horrible battery pack the thing comes with?

2. Check the ratings of the power supply you're using. IIRC, the stock one for the PowerJoy is something insane like 7v 350mA. A real Famicom (and thus Famiclones based on it) use 9v and 800mA. I have discovered with my Powerjoy power supply wasn't enough to run some Famicom games because there just isn't enough amperage in the stock design. Try using a power supply from a real Famicom or model 1 Sega Genesis. (NOT nes)

3. The NOAC might be failing. If so, there's nothing you can do about that.

4. If all else fails, open it up and take a look for anything that might be problematic.

Also, I love that the related video is my Supaboy review lol
    Haha yea I found it cool that it was related to your reviews, I watch your videos a lot and see that you are someone else who seems to care about Famiclones so I was hoping you would respond to this thread The Famiclone doesn't have an AC adapter with it :/ and it looks like you can't plug one in (horrible design)

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These, out of all famiclones, use the cheapest parts possible and as I mentioned in your other thread they are generally all around crap. Things probably functioned like crap since it was first taken out of the package, hence why you found it for so cheap. I know this doesnt help much but its the truth about these things. Theres much better clones out there for very reasonable prices. Even a retroduo (they make a 60 pin Japanese model) is better than this and I hate those with a passion. Theres just so many options for playing famicom games, I dont understand why you want to stick with one of the worst clones to play them on....
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 03-16-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Open it up. I find it hard to believe there's no DC power input besides batteries. and even if that is the case, it's not hard to wire up and solder in a DC socket. While I agree with Parodius in that your clone obviously isn't very good quality, you should be able to get it working with a proper power supply.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

You know, not to sidetrack, but I was going to recommend just getting a Yobo Neo Fami (Japan version) if you wanted to play Famicom games on the cheap, but WHAT THE HELL the things are selling for like $100-$200!

Suddenly I'm seeing some kind of bizarre supply/demand value in my Famicom clone collection ... not that I'd take the time and energy to sell any of them, but wow, that's just bizarre.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    You know, not to sidetrack, but I was going to recommend just getting a Yobo Neo Fami (Japan version) if you wanted to play Famicom games on the cheap, but WHAT THE HELL the things are selling for like $100-$200!

Suddenly I'm seeing some kind of bizarre supply/demand value in my Famicom clone collection ... not that I'd take the time and energy to sell any of them, but wow, that's just bizarre.
    What I really want to find is a portable Famicom clone for a reasonable price... By doing an eBay search it seems that all clones/actual hardware I'm searching for are really expensive.

Can anyone recommend a quality Famicom/Famiclone/Portable Famicom/Famicom to NES adapter that is reasonably priced? If I can't fix this one then I would still like a way to play my Hot Scramble

I will open and scan once I'm done with a Spanish project I'm working on for school :P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Open it up. I find it hard to believe there's no DC power input besides batteries. and even if that is the case, it's not hard to wire up and solder in a DC socket. While I agree with Parodius in that your clone obviously isn't very good quality, you should be able to get it working with a proper power supply.
    Can you recommend a clone (I would just buy a Famicom but it seems too expensive)? You seem to be an expert on this sort of thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

YES!!! I figured it out! I feel really stupid for not figuring out that one of the batteries I put in the battery pack had corroded and was providing a weak connection hence the on and off working of the console. Here's a video of the system actually working now that I cleaned it all out and replaced the batteries!

By the way I sound pretty stupid in this video because I was excited I usually don't look so stupid :P Also my hair is messed up from showering last night instead of this morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

EDIT: Videos deleted as now that my problem is solved they are pretty pointless. Will be posting a review of this console on my channel soon now that it is working Also I will start posting many other videos on my channel