Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's one thing that you regret selling/getting rid of?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not that I expect anyone to cut me a deal or serve it up on a silver platter, but Aerofighters for SNES. I had this along with many other games for the system and then same on the NES with some of its gems too. I ended up out of work, in debt, then working 2 jobs to barely not break even some months so I had to part out most of a 2000ish game collection and over a dozen systems and it was a victim. In the last 4-5 years I started attempting to recover which I did not hold onto that really still mattered to me.

The only remaining losses is that game which I even had with the manual and poster, and I suppose if I cared that much, the Earthbound box (got the game+guide back.) I refuse to touch that game at the $300-400 price point it wobbles between consistently for the last year or so. I know odds are I'll never get it and accept it as I can't feed the greedy beast that exists no longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

I had a complete Vectrex collection when I was a kid, maybe minus 1 or 2 games. I sold it all as a teen, way too cheap. $100 for the whole thing, so I could buy a PS1. Woops!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

I traded my entire Super Nintendo collection so I could get a ps1 when it came out. I had almost all of the desired RPGs. Chrono Trigger, FF3, FF2, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, so on and so forth, all went for $50 with the system. Worst deal ever. I pretty much don't trade games to retail stores anymore after realizing that mistake.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sold off Neo Geo AES english versions of Last Blade 1 & 2, Metal Slug 3, and Mark of the Wolves to pay some bills. Dumbest thing ever. Could've paid the bills, albeit at a slow, gradual pace instead of all at once.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

oh man I had a nice little neo geo aes setup something like 2 dozen games and a modded JPN console. Boxed all the games complete to though my metal slug was an mvs convert. I had like 1200 invested I believe I made most of my money back maybe even made a little money but I want it all back! maybe a neo geo x will help at a fraction of the cost and keep snk going lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Not that I expect anyone to cut me a deal or serve it up on a silver platter, but Aerofighters for SNES. I had this along with many other games for the system and then same on the NES with some of its gems too. I ended up out of work, in debt, then working 2 jobs to barely not break even some months so I had to part out most of a 2000ish game collection and over a dozen systems and it was a victim. In the last 4-5 years I started attempting to recover which I did not hold onto that really still mattered to me.
    I recently bought Sonic Wings for $28... at NA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yup Sonic Wings is cheap and that if you meant that website is pretty generous since it has turned primarily into a reseller site in the buy area and they don't even take into account the ebay fees so that's good for you. I know I could just get that and be over it, but it's the principle of the matter that I had it and was forced to lose it. In this game's case I'd rather not have it, than have the import, but had I never owned it before I'd grab the SFC game in a heartbeat. SFC had some really amazing stuff, part of those losses was over a couple dozen SFC games that I really enjoyed a lot. Of those either SDF Macross or Spriggan Powered would be the most expensive currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhetoric View Post
    Sold off Neo Geo AES english versions of Last Blade 1 & 2, Metal Slug 3, and Mark of the Wolves to pay some bills. Dumbest thing ever. Could've paid the bills, albeit at a slow, gradual pace instead of all at once.
    If i had the aes version of those games i would have allot regret as well,for selling.The market for the aes now is pretty much a rich mans game.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    If i had the aes version of those games i would have allot regret as well,for selling.The market for the aes now is pretty much a rich mans game.
    It sure is, I hate how much the games go for. Makes it extremely hard to add any to my collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro View Post
    It sure is, I hate how much the games go for. Makes it extremely hard to add any to my collection.
    I wouldn't say it's better for mvs either.There is more demand because of price plus allot more consolized mvs out there now.Even though i have most of what i want in mvs,there are games that have become very pricey.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bit Archeology View Post
    I had to sell my
    E.V.O.
    Misadventures of Tron Bonne
    Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

All got traded in so I could pay my insurance.

Still hate myself. I almost completed EVO.
    I actually just sold Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. Paid $5 at a pawn shop for it, didn't like it, so I sold it. Kinda wish I had it for my collection though...

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post

The only remaining losses is that game which I even had with the manual and poster, and I suppose if I cared that much, the Earthbound box (got the game+guide back.) I refuse to touch that game at the $300-400 price point it wobbles between consistently for the last year or so. I know odds are I'll never get it and accept it as I can't feed the greedy beast that exists no longer.
    You know, I never did sell any games. I did, however, lend my Eartbound and guide to a guy I worked with at a Taco Bell whaen I was 17. It was pristine, as I'd bought it new at Wal-Mart for $15. The guy quit a few days later and I never got it back. I replaced it a few months later with a used one. It was complete, but the guide was in rough shape, so it was a downgrade. I still have that one, and as a result, I actually have a spare box. It's missing the insert, but I have 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow that sucks and is cool at the same time. The stuff I do have were both lucky finds. EB I got in CA 3 years ago for $2 for the cart sitting on a bunch of clothes at a flea market surrounded by some madden pc games some mexican woman had. Then a year ago a local here was selling the game, guide and mach pizza air freshener locally and I got the guide for 60 in near perfect shape other than 1 card missing to get the pizza thing. Ive been hoping to luck into the box that way as paying $150 for cardboard was madness to me.

Also the interior tray is on ebay for $20. I know the guy who made it, it is a 100% identical copy of the original molding so you can not tell its new. He was like me a NA member, but when they found out about that they threatened to ban him if hedidnt stop selling it and he refused to be told what to do off site so he got popped. Hes a great seller and has lots of good tools, replacement batteries and even perfect laminate back stickers for nes and snes carts too.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I can really only say this:

I've sold,gave away,tossed out many things..

I sold the unit and many things under duress ..being asked to move from my apt when the owner decided to sell the place all of a sudden..

However I don’t Miss it....It’s where is should be (DP STORE) and where I had wanted it to be even before selling it,in fact I even had thought about donating it to the store at times..

It's just where it Belongs and Enjoyed by Many..

Friends whom visit the store randomly take pics of it with their phones so I can see it again...: )

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm not sure if it really counts as 'gotten rid of', but after a house fire I didn't go back to retrieve some things that would have survived albeit probably covered in soot (but maybe not, I'm not sure). The house was boarded up shortly after I retrieved anything vital that night, and it was months until the home was repaired. People had been through the place the day after the fire and stole shit (New Orleans vultures), like all of my Genesis carts (I used to keep the carts separate in a cassette carry case) and entertainment center components. M.U.S.H.A. was one of the games in that stolen lot, but I repurchased it on eBay for 20 bucks a year later before it became a fucking $200 game.

The things that I regret not going back for were all of the original boxes for all of my game systems. The only one I haven't reacquired yet is my Atari Jaguar box, and the Styrofoam for my Colecovision. There was also this really cool, stackable wooden caddy I bought from a thrift store that I stored my Amiga 500 and some other gaming things on. I really wish I had that thing today, it would be perfect for my workstation.

As for what I've SOLD and later regretted, honestly, I can't think of anything. There are some things I've sold because I needed to off a few things for a few extra bucks when I've been in a pinch, but I don't regret the decision, I just miss the items. My Phoenix Wright collection is one of those things. I sold them for far more than I purchased them for, and it really helped out at the time, and I do miss having them, but I'd do it again if I was in the same situation.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No regrets.... If you sold games due to monetary situations then you are human. We can't all be Pat with a lame channel and History Channel/Pawn Star connections...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Haha no doubt, yeah we can't all be deranged attention seekers who have 5 figures valued video games to fake selling on Pawn Stars to then drum up some real sale prices on it. It doesn't mean we still can't regret taking a bath on getting rid of stuff we didn't want to to now find this newer world of greed based game poaching to screw gamers and collectors all.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I found my older post in this thread and figured I had some to add.

First off, I used to own MUSHA. Complete too. Wish I still had it.

Also I will never sell RPGs again, even if they're the worst RPGs ever.

Really the thing I most regret is losing my 80s cartoon collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Model one sega cd with mint copy of final fight
    I know I can easily re purchase it

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I'm reversing my problem slowly but surely. I am buying back everything I like little by little.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]