Thread: Sega genesis arcade ultimate

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sega genesis arcade ultimate

A new machine that plays classic games, a portable SEGA Genesis anyways, a PSP sized Nomad, if you will. Anyway, my question is, does anyone know how to get past the memory limitation? I have an 8 Gig SD card in the unit, but the OS will only got to like 131? (I forgot) pages of games you can select. Anything after that will simply not exist. This means most of the SD card is unused and you can't use more than half your games on the SD card.

Informational Links:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sega-genesis-ultimate-portable-game-player-e1352085963452.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	6815

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Porta...ef=pd_sim_vg_2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLn6in4-c5U

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are 10 games per page. That's 1,310 games. What more do you need?

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Last I checked (and by checked I mean tried on all of my FireCore devices like that one), a fullset of US commercial Genesis ROMSs with no duplicates/game "version" variants is around 700 games give or take and will fit fine.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 103 pages

Well, for starters, it doesn't mention the limitation anywhere in the manual, so that's no good. If you advertise a product that can access an SD card and "forget" to mention it can only read a tiny portion of it, that's no good. If you wanna go through a list of games with duplicates and weed out which games you want and which ones are duplicates or unwanted to fit into the size limit, that would take hours. Wouldn't be easier to dump the 2 gigabytes onto the 8 gig SD card that the product seems to be able to access around 1 gig of? If I can fit all the games on the 103 pages like you say, that would be awesome! I still don't want to take weeks of going through 4 CDs of ROMS to do it. This is overall a great product, but the manufacturer should address this by making a firmware update. I'm sure they could fix it that way if they hear enough feedback from customers. 103 pages is a lot, no doubt, but it's quite a surprise when you can't actually use most of your memory card!

Orion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ORION View Post
    Well, for starters, it doesn't mention the limitation anywhere in the manual, so that's no good. If you advertise a product that can access an SD card and "forget" to mention it can only read a tiny portion of it, that's no good. If you wanna go through a list of games with duplicates and weed out which games you want and which ones are duplicates or unwanted to fit into the size limit, that would take hours. Wouldn't be easier to dump the 2 gigabytes onto the 8 gig SD card that the product seems to be able to access around 1 gig of? If I can fit all the games on the 103 pages like you say, that would be awesome! I still don't want to take weeks of going through 4 CDs of ROMS to do it. This is overall a great product, but the manufacturer should address this by making a firmware update. I'm sure they could fix it that way if they hear enough feedback from customers. 103 pages is a lot, no doubt, but it's quite a surprise when you can't actually use most of your memory card!

Orion
    It would be "easier" to just put the games which you intend to play on the unit. Your complaints make about ZERO sense to me. You'd rather just dump ~2GB worth of files blindly onto it, seemingly with a TON of dupes than just clean up your ROM file library? Why is it going to take "weeks" to sort through a couple of gigs worth of ROMs? If they're such a mess, then just download a complete library that doesn't have dupes and toss those CDs in the trash.

Also, we're talking about a thirty dollar Chinese clone portable. It plays games. It's cheap. You can load literally EVERY Genesis game onto the damned thing.