Thread: Looking for best/cheapest flash cart options for NES, SNES, Genny, dreamcast etc.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Looking for best/cheapest flash cart options for NES, SNES, Genny, dreamcast etc.

I'd like recommendations for NES, SNES, and Genny flash carts. I am going to keep collecting, but having all your games playable on one cart just sounds amazing. Pros and cons? Just want some info guys. ALSO, I was reading about a dreamcast flashdrive awhile back that sounded awesome. I burn a lot of dreamcast and would rather take thee stress off the eye. Any idea what that thing was? Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loganm187 View Post
    I'd like recommendations for NES, SNES, and Genny flash carts. I am going to keep collecting, but having all your games playable on one cart just sounds amazing. Pros and cons? Just want some info guys. ALSO, I was reading about a dreamcast flashdrive awhile back that sounded awesome. I burn a lot of dreamcast and would rather take thee stress off the eye. Any idea what that thing was? Thanks!
    You are probably going to have to choose between best or cheapest. The better flash carts (ones that support SD or CF) are usually not cheap. If you want to save money when it comes to EverDrives you can always buy the board only version.

There is an SD card reader for the Dreamcast that goes into the serial port, but from what I heard its not very good. There are always rumors floating around about someone making a SD adapter for the DC, but as far as I know no one has completed one of these projects yet.
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES basically its between the PowerPak and the EverDrive-N8. As far as I know at this time the EverDrive-N8 is superior in many aspects, but they are both good products. EverDrive-N8 is newer so may have more bugs to get worked out.

Genesis flash carts, really the best game in town (and maybe only) are the EverDrive-MD or the Mega EverDrive. EverDrive-MD is "cheaper" version, Mega EverDrive is more powerful version and supports things like instant loading, in-game menu and save states.

SNES there are basically 4 of note: SuperUFO, Super PowerPak, Super EverDrive, and SD2SNES. SuperUFO can be had pretty cheap. SD2SNES is very pricey. SD2SNES is most powerful and has best game compatibility.

Honestly there are so many little differences here and there between each flash cart it would really be hard to break them all down. You may want to actually do your own research via Google. There are ton of reviews and stuff of many of these products.
    Last edited by StoneAgeGamer; 07-31-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeGamer View Post
    NES basically its between the PowerPak and the EverDrive-N8. As far as I know at this time the EverDrive-N8 is superior in many aspects, but they are both good products. EverDrive-N8 is newer so may have more bugs to get worked out.

Genesis flash carts, really the best game in town (and maybe only) are the EverDrive-MD or the Mega EverDrive. EverDrive-MD is "cheaper" version, Mega EverDrive is more powerful version and supports things like instant loading, in-game menu and save states.

SNES there are basically 4 of note: SuperUFO, Super PowerPak, Super EverDrive, and SD2SNES. SuperUFO can be had pretty cheap. SD2SNES is very pricey. SD2SNES is most powerful and has best game compatibility.

Honestly there are so many little differences here and there between each flash cart it would really be hard to break them all down. You may want to actually do your own research via Google. There are ton of reviews and stuff of many of these products.
    Ditto for what stonagegamer has stated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

It's in a sense simpler to describe key things flash carts by and large don't do.

Certain special chips notably.
    Or change the hardware region (PAL roms will be run at 60hz on consoles like NES/SNES/Genesis, dual language Genesis/SMS/32X games remain English).
    Last edited by theclaw; 08-01-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Lum fan.