Thread: Beaten in 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cherry (Level 1) CastlevaniaDude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never participated in one of these before, but I've been beating a lot more games lately... So...

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Gen)
    2. Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
    3. Adventure Island (NES)
    4. Adventure Island 2 (NES)
    5. I'm Kid Dracula (NES - Translation)
    6. Kung Fu (NES)
    7. River City Ransom (NES)
    8. Metal Storm (NES)
    Last edited by CastlevaniaDude; 01-09-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    Adult Podcast for Kids
    Weekly geek podcast. Everything from movies to tv, comics to video games, pro wrestling, entertainment, and beyond, with a decidedly adult slant.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

1. DmC Devil May Cry - [PSN] - 1/8/2014

Was surprised at how much I enjoyed this. Aside from being rather short and having some strange stuttering/lag issues, it's a pretty solid game. Beautiful to look at, amazing character animations & spot on voice work. The OST is something to hear as well, a strange mix of death metal, rave and dubsteb. I think I can recommend this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Elysiun
    PSN
    Sabaku_Hoshi
    Steam
    Nionel

1. World Heroes (PS2, 1/7)
    2. Ryse: Son of Rome (XBO, 1/8)
    3. Mega Man X (PS2, 1/9)

Played via the Mega Man X Collection. Really don't have much to say here, I played and beat it on my SNES last year and here it is again courtesy of the MMX Collection I picked up from GameStop the other day. If you haven't already played it, you're probably not going to, but it's still one of my favorites on the SNES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cleared Pikmin on GameCube today with all 30 parts in 19 days with 369 pikmin left and 382 pikmin lost in battle. It seems it's the best ending and I suppose that's alright. I enjoyed this game on one hand and on the other would like to not bother with it again. I have no interest improving the number of days nor number of pikmin left/lost/total at the end, not for a long time anyway. It's a game I could see speed-running being popular with in order to optimize the parts route and while I do like that at times something about this game just doesn't do it for me. I have more hope for Pikmin 2 which I may try later this year.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Elysiun
    PSN
    Sabaku_Hoshi
    Steam
    Nionel

3. Mega Man X (PS2, 1/9)
    4. Mega Man X2 (PS2, 1/9)
    5. Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 (Steam, 1/9)

Mega Man X2 was a fine follow up to the first game, my biggest issue with it honestly is that the difficulty of other entries of the franchise just doesn't feel right with this one, perhaps it's because I've played the game a lot, but this is simply the easiest game, at least in my opinion, in the X or Classic series. While most people wouldn't complain about something like this, I feel it just takes away from the experience a little. The Mega Man games were never punishingly hard, but the series is known for at least offering a challenge to players, and I just don't feel that Mega Man X2 brings that challenge to the table. That aside, it's a fantastic game, the controls are spot on, it sounds great, and it's an easy game to just pick up and play in spurts of grind out the whole experience in one sitting.

Magic 2014 is a nice alternative to paper Magic for fans of the game. The AI can be a bit spotty at times, but the included decks are actually a lot of fun to play. The game features both a standard single player campaign, which tries to offer up more of a story this time around, as well as a sealed deck mode with allowed you to open some booster packs and build your own deck from a select pool of cards. If you can pick it up cheap, it's a great way to scratch that itch without the same investment that the real game requires, and online multiplayer is available for those who still want to be able to sling spells with another people. It's a solid game and is worth at least $5 if you can get it during a Steam sale, or whatever online gaming service you choose use.

Junker Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    yoyotheyoshi
    Steam
    aryoshie

So far:
    -Faxanadu (NES)
    -Sonic CD (Steam)
    "Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison!" ~ Kefka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Elysiun
    PSN
    Sabaku_Hoshi
    Steam
    Nionel

3. Mega Man X (PS2, 1/9)
    4. Mega Man X2 (PS2, 1/9)
    5. Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 (Steam, 1/9)
    6. Sonic Blast (GG, 1/10)
    7. Sonic the Hedgehog: Spinball (GG, 1/10)

Sonic Blast is one of the better Sonic outings on the Game Gear, my only real fault with the game is that it, much like the other GG outings, lacks the sense of speed that the console Sonic games offered at the time. It's a decent game and is much better than other Sonic games on the platform like Sonic 2.

Sonic Spinball on the other hand, is still a game I just can't get into. While I like the level designs more than its Genesis counterpart, the game's physics are worse than the it's Genesis cousin and the game is still very slow and gets repetitive quickly. It's an okay game, if you're a fan of pinball, but I would imagine that the Game Gear could offer much better than this.