Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
I can't tell and maybe it's because it's late if you're trying to be rude and condescending or not, but I'm sure it really is as easy as you said, but no I've never rooted anything ever on any device nor have I hacked any console to do anything 'interesting' too.
I wasn't trying to sound rude at all. Please don't take it that way. I'm trying to reassure you that rooting an Ouya is anything but complicated or difficult. It is really, really easy. Even softmodding an Xbox (which people commonly say is easy) is difficult compared to the process of rooting an Ouya. Literally, all you do is download a file from the internet, put it on the Ouya, launch it on the Ouya, and then click the giant blue button that essentially says "click here to root your Ouya".

I am from the US, but I'm not sure why being Canadian would be a bad thing on Amazon with $75 in credit.
I brought up the fact that I'm Canadian as a major hurtle because 99% of all Amazon sellers will not ship to Canada. At all. And Amazon.ca has 1/100th the selection of Amazon.com. Hey look the Ouya came out. Can I buy it on Amazon.ca? Of course not! It's not available. Hey look the Retron5 is coming out. Can I preorder it on Amazon.ca? What, are you kidding? Hey look a textbook I need for school. I'll just buy that on Amazon and...have to wait literally four months for delivery. As an Canadian, Amazon is a terrible place to shop. So to get an Ouya, I had to buy one from ebay and pay a heafty import fee that ended up bringing the overall price to $165. Even so, it was money well spent. I love my Ouya.

So you root the Ouya with those steps, then what's it take to fire up Google Play? Is there a rooted app for it, and then you just have it dump the games to the Ouya? Like I said it's not off the table, but I'd just need to go dig some more now that I have that tablet cable. I could definitely see since the controller supposedly sucks(whatever) using the Wii U Pro, PS3 or even the moga pro if that will work right(read conflicting stories.)
Exactly right. Once your Ouya is rooted, you download an installer, which puts the Google Play Store as a sideloaded app. This isn't complicated or difficult either. You click and access it on the Ouya just as you could your tablet or anything else. You can download directly from the Play Store to the Ouya and then the games or apps you download through the Play Store automatically get added to the sideloaded apps list in the MAKE/BUILDS section. Not everything on the Play Store works with the Ouya, but most apps do.

The controller does not suck. Not the current one. The kickstarter one does yes. But here's the great thing about the Ouya - even if you do hate the controller, you don't have to use it for the majority of games. Most things also support the PS3 controller, Xbox 360 conrtroller, or pretty much anything else that's either USB or Bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by stardust4ever View Post
[my video content]
Please delete this. I'll share this on my own, thank you very much, and not in this thread. This content belongs on page 3 of the Super Retro Trio thread, but page 3 hasn't rolled over yet. When it does, I'll post. For now, please delete these links.

Quote Originally Posted by stardust4ever View Post
it seems strange that Retrobit did not at least have a toggle switch to disable the NTSC CIC and allow most PAL games at least the opportunity to boot.
You don't understand. They couldn't have done that. The PAL SNES uses a TX0003812530 CIC, which is completely different from the TX0003812529 required to run NTSC games. These cannot be swapped, these cannot be disabled. Disabling them would render the system bricked. The PAL SNES market is a small one, so just like Yobo and Hyperkin, it's also unlikely that Retro-Bit will make a PAL version of the Super Retro Trio, although they could.